Caribbean Princess R302 vs B302 - the Lido Deck overhang

Barry ATL

I did a recent reprice on an 11/28 cruise on the Caribbean Princess.  The reprice changed the cabin from B302 to R302.  Unfortunately I have looked on the internet and one of the major cabin sites has posted the same pics for every accessible balcony cabin on CB making Google search for images not very helpful.

My question is about the Lido deck.  From what I can see from the outside pics of the ship, the R302 cabin will be under an extended area of the Lido deck resulting "more shade".  This is a good thing for us, but I was curious if I am correct.

I don't think so. R302 will be roughly under L302 in an area that does not have an extended overhang. The good thing is that you have cabins above and below you. An extended overhang would be under the pool and buffet areas. Shade is more based on the direction of the the ship than the overhang. Think promenade deck with lots of overhead. One side can be fully in  sun with the other fully in the shade. 

7 hours ago, skynight said:

I don't think so. R302 will be roughly under L302 in an area that does not have an extended overhang. The good thing is that you have cabins above and below you. An extended overhang would be under the pool and buffet areas. Shade is more based on the direction of the the ship than the overhang. Think promenade deck with lots of overhead. One side can be fully in  sun with the other fully in the shade. 

Well, you are correct.  For some reason I had been thinking the 302 rooms were at the mid-ship stairs, but they are at the forward stairs.  Okay, so there is basically no difference between the B302 and R302 locations other than a little more height.