Meals and tours

whoopie

If you take a morning and afternoon tour provided by the ship, is there time for lunch in between. According to the schedule there should be, but if the first returns late...and do you queue up earlier than the listed time for the second as on larger vessels? If you take an afternoon tour can you manage to get to the cocktail hour, freshen top and get to dinner?

Typically, the AM excursions are timed so people are back on board for lunch before the PM excursions start. I've seen where they slide the time for lunch by 30 or 60 minutes to coordinate with the excursions.  Have never missed cocktail hour, depends on how long you need to get ready for dinner.

That's what I was hoping to hear. "I've seen where they slide the time for lunch by 30 or 60 minutes to coordinate with the excursions. "

I agree-- I would get ready very quickly since the cocktail hour is important!

2 hours ago, BaumD said:

Typically, the AM excursions are timed so people are back on board for lunch before the PM excursions start. I've seen where they slide the time for lunch by 30 or 60 minutes to coordinate with the excursions.  Have never missed cocktail hour, depends on how long you need to get ready for dinner.

Additionally, if the tour/excursion is a lengthy one, lunch would often be included as part of the "package".  We have not "missed" any meals, nor the start of cocktail time on any of our previous seven ACL cruises.

The staff "aims to please" and seldom miss the target.

NRayH