Cruise Mode!

Texed

We have been in cruise mode for a few weeks now Ed. Just think less than three weeks we will be sailing together!! We are serioulsy thinking about booking Constellation again when we get on board for next March doing a 10 nighter. We might even book the cruise that Garry and Bob are doing. My folks are sailing with them March 26 to Hawaii! Funny, what a small world it is.

Counting down till we taste your famous Margarittas!! :D

I hope you will book the Connie cruise with us. We have a great bunch of people going and you'll just add to the fun. Who are your folks? Maybe we'll get them on the Connie too.

Ed, do you think the Connie cruise will be during spring break so you can join us? I'd really like that.;)

Garry

Ed, do you think the Connie cruise will be during spring break so you can join us? I'd really like that.;)

Garry

Garry,

I figure it is a little late for spring break. But, I wish it were at that time. I would like that also.:)

Hi. My name is asmitty and I am addicted to cruising.

I'm glad I'm not the only one whom acts like this. My family wonders what's wrong with me. Next year will be our 10 yr. anniversary and my DH wants to do an all-inclusive somewhere....ummm, excuse me? Hello? I don't think so! For one thing, all-inclusives are wayyy more expensive. And you don't get to visit neat places. I am already trying to plan the trip (but he doesn't know because he just doesn't understand). :)

6 more days till Zenith!!!!!

Hi. My name is asmitty and I am addicted to cruising.

Next year will be our 10 yr. anniversary and my DH wants to do an all-inclusive somewhere.

6 more days till Zenith!!!!!

Asmitty,

Just tell the DH that the ship is an inclusive that moves around.:D

I hope you will book the Connie cruise with us. We have a great bunch of people going and you'll just add to the fun. Who are your folks? Maybe we'll get them on the Connie too.

Garry

My folks are PatC and John from NJ.

I'm in cruise mode, I think i'm stuck in cruise mode gear. I too am driving everyone at work crazy. My background on my pc at work is Constellation and at home.

:D

I do that one too. My background on my home and work computer is always set to the ship I'm scheduled to sail on next. Right now it's Mercury, a little over 2 extremely long months to go!

Terri

We are 12 days and counting, we start at 100. I'm down to reading and re-reading all the fine print on the last few pages of the cruise brochure. Tours are scheduled, docs and passports handy, we're standing at the door wearing our X tee shirts and hats holding our luggage. Are we in the mode? Ya think?

Ed, right there with you. We just made final payment yesterday for our cruise (we leave ten weeks from tomorrow!) and it was actually something to celebrate- more important to both of us than Valentine's Day!:D

And I personally think that I'm never NOT in cruise mode- isn't that what these boards are all about? Chatting with others who understand the obsessions and quirks of those who LOVE cruising? :)

Bon Voyage to you (Is there a sweeter phrase to hear in life?)

Andrew

. Am I the only one that tells everyone I know " Just 19 more days". ? I hope I am not alone.:confused:

At any rate, I feel better now.:D

Nope, I only do that for one day. The next day I say "Just 18 more days."

And of course, you are not alone. Planning and anticipation are half the fun. Not the best half, but a good half -- and a half that lasts a lot longer. Have you ever noticed that the shortest week of the year is the one you spend on board??

Now I have a question to ask. How long do you grieve when you have to cancel a cruise. Yeah, you read it right. Grieve. I have had to cancel a May cruise to the Eastern Med and it about broke my heart.

I have rescheduled for September, but somehow it just ain't the same!!!!

So it looks like I will be saying "just i-- days more" for a long time.

love

joan

I am definately in cruise mode. We leave on the Constellation 3/26 but will be starting the cruise party on 3/25 as we will be driving to Bayonne and staying overnight. I have turned the guest room into the "cruise packing room" My husband just rolls his eyes as the piles of clothing and shoes keep growing....I assure him that I haven't done first cut yet. I will go through it all soon and see what will stay and what will go and what will take it's place:D . Everyone at work has been enduring the cruise talk "only 40 more days" and of course the caribbean music which plays all day. The Constellation is on my desktop and I am hooked on cruise critic....YES, YES, YES, I AM IN CRUISE MODE!!

Joan.....you grieve as long as you want to....I feel for you....I would be devasted to have to cancel a cruise.

Maybe that's why I haven't finalized our flight plans for our April cruise. As long as I don't, I have a socially acceptable reason for being so focused on the cruise!;) Of course, since I only have a little over ten weeks left, I should get it done.

Then I can get back to working on the November cruise!:D

So, is being in cruise mode one of those illnesses that responds to multiple therapies? Such as margaritas, martinis or wine?

Susan

Ed, right there with you.

And I personally think that I'm never NOT in cruise mode- isn't that what these boards are all about? Chatting with others who understand the obsessions and quirks of those who LOVE cruising? :)

Andrew

And getting great advice from knowledgable folks as yourself.:)

Now I have a question to ask. How long do you grieve when you have to cancel a cruise. Yeah, you read it right. Grieve. I have had to cancel a May cruise to the Eastern Med and it about broke my heart.

So it looks like I will be saying "just i-- days more" for a long time.

love

joan

You did the correct thing, book another one. I know it is not the same, but at least it gives you something to look forward to.:)

This is ridiculous. I'm still 80-something days out, and I'm spending ALL DAY reading about cruises. I can't imagine I'm going to be able to keep my job at this rate! And I'm taking my dad on the cruise, but he lives across the country, and doesn't seem to be into the planning portion, so I'm completely stymied by shore excursions. Do I dare book without seeing if he's interested? Do I dare wait and take what's left? Help!!!!

And I don't know Garry and Bob, but I'd love to cruise with them, too!

This is ridiculous. I'm still 80-something days out, and I'm spending ALL DAY reading about cruises. I can't imagine I'm going to be able to keep my job at this rate! And I'm taking my dad on the cruise, but he lives across the country, and doesn't seem to be into the planning portion, so I'm completely stymied by shore excursions. Do I dare book without seeing if he's interested? Do I dare wait and take what's left? Help!!!!!

Hey, if dad snoozes, dad loses.:D If he isn't into planning, he has no gripe coming.:)

I am definately in cruise mode. We leave on the Constellation 3/26 but will be starting the cruise party on 3/25 as we will be driving to Bayonne and staying overnight. I have turned the guest room into the "cruise packing room"

To heck with house guests!:cool: The "cruise packing room", that is priceless.:D

To heck with house guests! The "cruise packing room", that is priceless.

What, you don't have a cruise packing room Ed? I thought everyone had one of those. I do and grumble when we have company and I have to move stuff.:eek: :D

Garry

What, you don't have a cruise packing room Ed? I thought everyone had one of those. I do and grumble when we have company and I have to move stuff.:eek: :D

Garry

Garry,

Obviously I am out of touch. I guess I have to get me one of those rooms.:D

Once the guest room becomes the "cruise packing room" everyone knows that the room is off limits....there is always a couch, floor, etc:eek: :D I have a "cruise packing list" also. I will soon go on the cruise scavenger hunt. I told you I was in CRUISE mode. Once something is placed in the cruise packing room it is checked off the packing list and there is a clear understanding with my husband that he doesn't take anything out of the room:D . As for the clothing everything is a possibility and gets thrown in on the bed. Then comes first cut, second cut and if they are lucky to make it pass second cut they will be packed into the suitcase.

Here are some great packing suggestions:

http://www.cruisereviews.com/PackingList.htm

http://www.geocities.com/Calgon1/UPL-2_Adults_Warm.html

OK ED, here’s what we do! Everyone knows we smuggle the Kidsters aboard in bubble wrap, so we get them used to sleeping in the suitcases weeks ahead of time, then we use their rooms as packing rooms, one room for packing clothes, one room for packing the kegs and other assorted booze! It’s a win, win for me!

OK ED, here’s what we do! Everyone knows we smuggle the Kidsters aboard in bubble wrap, so we get them used to sleeping in the suitcases weeks ahead of time, then we use their rooms as packing rooms, one room for packing clothes, one room for packing the kegs and other assorted booze! It’s a win, win for me!

I sure appreciate you letting me in on your packing/smuggling tactics.:D

I am in the BIG TIME now. I have been spammed by Newtocc!:D

Does everyone else get in "cruise mode" prior to sailing? Man, I get useless! I am 19 days away from sailing on Constellation, and I don't want to go to work tomorrow. I usually don't drink much at all except on a cruise. I usually drink ice water at home. Heck, I want a Margarita, or uncork some wine.

Am I going into cruise mode too early?:eek: Does everyone else go through this? Am I the only one that gets so excited that all I can do is think about my cruise. Am I the only one that tells everyone I know " Just 19 more days". ? I hope I am not alone.:confused:

At any rate, I feel better now.:D

Hey Ed!

I know what you mean. We are down to 9 days before we take what's become our "annual" Mexican Riviera cruise on Mercury. I've been in "cruise mode" for months, but then again I'm retired so what else do I have do.:)

Hey Ed!

I know what you mean. We are down to 9 days before we take what's become our "annual" Mexican Riviera cruise on Mercury. I've been in "cruise mode" for months, but then again I'm retired so what else do I have do.:)

Bear, you're not retired, you are a professional cruiser.:D

Archived