Cruise cancelled but Royal haven't told me

44 minutes ago, compman9 said:

I have never been notified and would still like to lift and shift - Where would I stand (before I call for an almighty argument)?

They will claim, as they did with my 3 bookings, that the emails were sent out. 

Edited by little britain

I logged in to my account a few weeks ago and saw that my Dec. 13th cruise on the Mariner (booked with FCC) was cancelled. No notification. I logged in again last week and saw that I now have 1 upcoming cruise on the Mariner, departing Dec. 9th! No notification! This new date doesn't work for me. This total lack of communication is unacceptable!!

On 4/17/2021 at 7:30 AM, little britain said:

RCI UK say they have an issue when sending to Hotmail accounts!   I learnt of 3 of my cruise cancellations via social media! They are apparently able to send reminders of payment due, and cruise planner offers to the same Hotmail account though! 🤷‍♀️

Check your spam filter.... I have found a number of hotmail emails automatically sent to spam.

An update.

I called Royal, who said I missed the deadline for lift and shift. I told them I did not receive the email, and asked if they could forward me the copy they sent. They said they couldn't and I should try customer services.

I tried customer services, and went through the same routine. They said it was a stock email and it was sent as a mass mailing to everyone's address so couldn't send me the copy I was sent.

I checked my email account several times to confirm. No email.

I then received my 125% future cruise credit.

So, I presume that's that.

I booked a cruise over DW's birthday as usual. The lift and shift option next year is more expensive than this year's by a significant amount. So, Royal are unable to prove they sent an email. And although I am able to prove I didn't receive one I have to like it or lump it.

It's not a massive deal, these things happen with big corporations, but it does explain why my views differ from some on these boards. 

Royal are a vacation provider to me. Nothing more nothing less. This is why while I would use, and enjoy, their services, I would never recommend them of promote them to anyone else.

• Like 3