US: Memorial Day Sale 2021

ExArkie

I didn't see anyone else post this (apologize for being an idiot if someone did and I missed it), but I was on the Cunard Web site today and noted they started a Memorial Day Sale, presumably for US bookings, since that is where Memorial Day is commemorated next Monday. Sale runs through June 7 and does have some price reductions over what was offered before, but apparently with no other perks included.

For example, a few weeks ago, we booked a westbound TA for December 2022 in PG. That booking included US$300 OBC, gratuities, and the drinks package they've been routinely offering for US Grills passengers for the past couple of years. The same TA as of this morning was between US$300 to $400 less than what we paid, but did not include the OBC, gratuities, nor drinks package. Pretty much a wash in terms of lower fare, but having to pay for the stuff we wouldn't have been paying for.

For what it is worth, they are at least offering some semblance of reduced prices, which I take as a sign that somewhere out there things may begin to resemble the "before times."

Edited by ExArkie
corrected typo

I would call Cunard. I noticed lower prices once and they added some perks to our existing reservation. No clue how strict they are with these fares. I wasn't offered a $999 pricing on our July1st cruise though.

• Like 1

In Australia/NZ they are advertising a "big balcony event" - pay for a inside cabin get a balcony for  the same price. The price is what we paid for an interior delux - so trying to get through to our TA to see if its worth it - I suspect we'll lose the US$710 OBC if we did 

A friend who ignored our recommendation to book the cruise we are on finally booked it under this so-called sale. His fare for Princess Grill is about $200 pp less than what we are paying under the previous sale. But he lost out on the $600 of OBC and the Grills drinks and gratuities offer that we have. 

• Like 1