Taxes on Drinks while in Alaska

New to Royal, ( but not to cruising). A question I just thought of for my upcoming Ovation OTS cruise to Alaska (r/t Seattle)...I know that usually there are taxes charged on beverages bought while in US ports so I suspect that might happen the first day in Seattle...but what about the Alaska ports?  I know this isn’t a large amount of $ but to get a beverage package and then also add taxes for 5 extra days seems more than usual.  Also, in the fine print on Royal’s website it says the deluxe beverage package includes drinks up to $12...but I’ve also heard $13 on many reviews (also many of the cocktails ring in at that $13 price)...does anyone have “recent” knowledge of what the limit is on Ovation?

thanks.

I didn't think about the taxes, hmmmm. I'm debating the whole beverage package altogether. This is our first Alaska cruise. Normally on a Caribbean cruise we would definitely get it but I just don't see this as that much of a boozy cruise for us, lol. I don't see us sitting by the pool all day with big tropical drinks like normal. Have to think on that one...

Normally on a drink package you don't pay taxes in port because the package wasn't paid for there.  That is one reason why they don't actually ring up a package bought onboard until after sailing.  Covered drink prices vary by ship.  In general most drinks if not mixed with premium alcohol will be covered.  Wines by the glass can have an upcharge and if bought in port you might pay taxes on the upcharge.  Sailings from Texas will only have alcohol purchased/taxed in Texas until out of Texas waters.

• Thanks 1