What's cooking?

As I'm here at my desk working.... I'm thinking,....What's for dinner?  UUGGGHHH.... meal planning.  Anyone else so tired of doing that?  Restaurants are open after being closed but I still ache for walking to the MDR or an Alternate Dining Option on a ship. The endless options and NO clean up 🙂 !  Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and all that comes in between.  We are sailing in March..... it can't come soon enough!  

Looking forward to room service breakfast on the balcony with a cup of coffee and toast.  

I do have a question.  We will be sailing on Allure.  First time on this class.  Is it absolutely necessary to make dinner reservations prior to sailing?  There are 3 of us.  We are kind of "decide that day" kind of people.  We've never needed to make reservations on smaller ships.  

Back to work..... Thank you!

If your're doing my time dining it isn't required to make reservations. One can just show up and there will be a line for those without a dinig reservation. You'll be seated when there is an available table that meets your requirement  as your turn comes up. Typically one gets seated quicker if willing to share a larger table with other guests.

This is a good way to meet others. 😃

• Like 1

I have to agree that the dining options are one of the things I greatly enjoy about cruising. I am very open to all kinds of food, whereas my husband, well, not so much. On a land vacation, we may have a hard time agreeing on a restaurant. But on board ship, we can get whatever we want without worrying about being disappointed or having a big restaurant tab for a meal we didn't enjoy. 

At least once per cruise, I like to have breakfast in the MDR, and we usually try to take lunch in the MDR on sea days. And since I do the shopping, cooking, and cleanup, a cruise is a HUGE vacation for me, and by the time we get back, I'm inspired to cook again if I've gotten into a rut. 

• Like 1