Celebrity Apex, February 5, 2022

Cruisegoer

Just wondering if any other LGBTQIA2+ members will be on this sailing and bother to read this Roll Call ahead of time? Looks like from the main Roll Call page we will be sailing with a group of Hookers.....not the kind we might enjoy though, they literally mean rug hooking (sewing type stuff)....sounds more like a snooze fest than a cruise fest.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/22/2022 at 11:08 AM, Fijalclarkski said:

My husband and I will be on this cruise. Can't wait!

Great, we are from eastern PA, I'm in my 40s and my friend Sam is in his 50s.  I've been on quite a few cruises and this will be Sam's 3rd.  We've been to Bermuda on the Summit, did a Bearacuda Heretic gay group in Feb 2020 just as the pandemic was unfolding sailing out of San Juan (also on the Summit) and now excited to see the Apex!  I've sailed pretty much every mainstream cruise line except Disney and always love a Celebrity cruise.

22 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

Great, we are from eastern PA, I'm in my 40s and my friend Sam is in his 50s.  I've been on quite a few cruises and this will be Sam's 3rd.  We've been to Bermuda on the Summit, did a Bearacuda Heretic gay group in Feb 2020 just as the pandemic was unfolding sailing out of San Juan (also on the Summit) and now excited to see the Apex!  I've sailed pretty much every mainstream cruise line except Disney and always love a Celebrity cruise.

We were on Summit the first week of February 2020. We've sailed Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and love both! Can't wait to check out this incredible ship.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fijalclarkski said:

We were on Summit the first week of February 2020. We've sailed Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and love both! Can't wait to check out this incredible ship.

Sounds like we just missed each other.  Are you on the Facebook group page for this Apex sailing? 

Hey there!   I finally found this roll call!   There will be 4 of us onboard from Rehoboth Beach, DE. 

I have gone on mostly all-gay or gay group cruises.  My late husband and I did a Pied Piper on the QM2 and a straight Alaskan cruise.  I just returned last week after the Vacaya gay cruise to Aruba and Curacao.  I'm single and ready to mingle (Cabin 7173).  I will be rooming with Chaz, a neighbor of my friends Marc-Anthony and Tom who will also be coming. In fact they are doing the sailing on the Apex cruise that precedes ours. 

1 hour ago, monumax said:

Hey there!   I finally found this roll call!   There will be 4 of us onboard from Rehoboth Beach, DE. 

I have gone on mostly all-gay or gay group cruises.  My late husband and I did a Pied Piper on the QM2 and a straight Alaskan cruise.  I just returned last week after the Vacaya gay cruise to Aruba and Curacao.  I'm single and ready to mingle (Cabin 7173).  I will be rooming with Chaz, a neighbor of my friends Marc-Anthony and Tom who will also be coming. In fact they are doing the sailing on the Apex cruise that precedes ours. 

I was in the Vacaya group on FB, I wasn't on the cruise. Everyone looks like they had a great time though from the sounds of it many turned up with Covid a few days after leaving the ship. Sounds like you've gotten very lucky.  Lots of guys from my area have relocated to Rehoboth or certainly spent many summers there.  I'm sure we would know some of the same people.

I'm sure we do know quite a few of the same guys. I also go to The Woods Campground in your neck of "the woods".  I guess I was lucky on my cruise, but also was careful, always wearing my mask indoors and keeping some space when in the open air.  By the way, two of my friends are already on the Apex.  In fact, they are sailing on three consecutive cruises on the Apex. 

15 hours ago, monumax said:

I'm sure we do know quite a few of the same guys. I also go to The Woods Campground in your neck of "the woods".  I guess I was lucky on my cruise, but also was careful, always wearing my mask indoors and keeping some space when in the open air.  By the way, two of my friends are already on the Apex.  In fact, they are sailing on three consecutive cruises on the Apex. 

Lucky them, 3 cruises!

My friends currently on the Apex tell me there are only 1147 Passengers onboard the current sailing, a nearly 1:1 ratio of staff to passengers.  The capacity of the Apex is 2,910. They also said there were 14 that came to the LGBTQ+ meeting tonight. 

12 hours ago, monumax said:

My friends currently on the Apex tell me there are only 1147 Passengers onboard the current sailing, a nearly 1:1 ratio of staff to passengers.  The capacity of the Apex is 2,910. They also said there were 14 that came to the LGBTQ+ meeting tonight. 

Nice, per the FB group some were saying our ship might only have 900ish passengers onboard.  I've rarely attended those meetings onboard as the timing isn't always convenient.  The Martini bar and nightclub are always good ways to meet new people.

So, what is everyone doing at the ports?  I haven't scheduled any excursion through the cruise ship. In Key West I'm just going to walk around and then possibly get a day pass at The Island House. In Belize I'll just walk around the port and see what there is to do. In Cozumel I signed up with someone on Facebook who was organizing a group to go to Mr Sancho's Beach Club.  I'd like to do something similar at an all-inclusive beach resort in Costa Maya

On 1/31/2022 at 2:33 PM, monumax said:

So, what is everyone doing at the ports?  I haven't scheduled any excursion through the cruise ship. In Key West I'm just going to walk around and then possibly get a day pass at The Island House. In Belize I'll just walk around the port and see what there is to do. In Cozumel I signed up with someone on Facebook who was organizing a group to go to Mr Sancho's Beach Club.  I'd like to do something similar at an all-inclusive beach resort in Costa Maya

http://www.tucancostamaya.com/tours/beach-party  We booked this A/I beach break through our travel agent for Costa Maya.  I think Belize we are only allowed off the ship with a Celebrity shore excursion.  Key West no plans, been there multiple times so not sure I’ll even get off the ship. Cozumel we will probably just shop a little n walk downtown since Sams never been there before.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2022 at 8:48 PM, monumax said:

How was the Apex I am looking at perhaps a cruise the end of March on that vessel. Is the crew very gay friendly.