Corfu beach day

sunfish8

59 minutes ago, sunfish8 said:

Can I have some information please on planning a beach day in Corfu. What do you recommend from the cruise port? As well, how to get there?

thank you

Most beaches are a longish cab ride away, then could be rammed when you arrive.

Think The Corfu Palace used to be rent bungalows for the day, could be worth contacting them.

55 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Most beaches are a longish cab ride away, then could be rammed when you arrive.

Think The Corfu Palace used to be rent bungalows for the day, could be worth contacting them.

You could walk to the hotel from the town.

I’m surprised by the comments, we’ve visited beaches on Corfu numerous times.  Paleokastritsa is one of the most beautiful beaches near  a monastery and you can take a tour there or rent a car or go by taxi.  The only problem is that the water was very cold when we were there mid summer.  

Our best excursion ever was when we chartered the boat Nautilus for a cruise and swim around the island.  

Last time, we just took a taxi to a very uncrowded  beach and enjoyed a lovely time, followed by a late lunch in town.   I think it was 20 Euros one way. Just make sure to arrange for a return time.  
Glyfada beach
image.thumb.jpeg.f10e8047a2cc45af1442153ceeba9331.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I’m surprised by the comments, we’ve visited beaches on Corfu numerous times.  Paleokastritsa is one of the most beautiful beaches near  a monastery and you can take a tour there or rent a car or go by taxi.  The only problem is that the water was very cold when we were there mid summer.  

Our best excursion ever was when we chartered the boat Nautilus for a cruise and swim around the island.  

Last time, we just took a taxi to a very uncrowded  beach and enjoyed a lovely time, followed by a late lunch in town.   I think it was 20 Euros one way. Just make sure to arrange for a return time.  
Glyfada beach

Noticed you posted the photograph of a crowded (rammed) beach..😉

1 minute ago, bennybear said:

If you look closely,  It was maybe half full,  and few in the water.   

Sorry, but did look closely, for the time of year, in one’s opinion, it’s still rammed

Plus seeing that many umbrellas and beds on a beach, pass.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:37 AM, bennybear said:

Glyfada beach

We stayed in Glyfada for several days.  You can get there by public bus in about ten minutes or so.  Come out of the cruise terminal, turn right, walk along the curved area to the light.  If I recall you can catch a bus every few minutes.  Drops you off at the town...walk through the tourist area and 5 minutes later you are at the beach.  We did not find it very clean when we were there.