EU adds US to list of safe countries

DCGuy64

4 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

@Malibustacey79

I called the Italian Ministry of Health hotline a few moments ago. The gentleman I spoke with said it's very likely the restrictions will be lifted at the end of this month so there's nothing to worry about. If you come from the UK and get on a cruise ship, you will be considered in transit and not have to quarantine.

I will continue to see what develops but that's the official word for now.

Wow thank you for passing that on!! It does seem like a logical decision really doesn’t it, it’s not like we’re going to be running amok in Italy once we get there. 

I’m amazed I haven’t been contacted for balance payment yet…that will force me to make a decision one way or the other..!  

1 minute ago, Malibustacey79 said:

Wow thank you for passing that on!! It does seem like a logical decision really doesn’t it, it’s not like we’re going to be running amok in Italy once we get there. 

I’m amazed I haven’t been contacted for balance payment yet…that will force me to make a decision one way or the other..!  

You're welcome. It was fun practicing my Italian. The guy was really funny, he was singing Whitney Houston songs at me while he waited for an answer from a colleague. LOL 😁

We had to make final payment a week or so ago, I'm surprised you haven't had to yet. Lucky you! 😊

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

You're welcome. It was fun practicing my Italian. The guy was really funny, he was singing Whitney Houston songs at me while he waited for an answer from a colleague. LOL 😁

We had to make final payment a week or so ago, I'm surprised you haven't had to yet. Lucky you! 😊

Can’t beat a bit of Whitney! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

If you come from the UK and get on a cruise ship, you will be considered in transit and not have to quarantine.

Does this apply to all nationalities on a cruise ship ?

Looks like this rule is or will be quit in the near future...

Italy said: all visitors of the today's game, coming from UK, has to have the 5days quarantine, before entering the stadium.

Independent from date of arrival in Italy....

6 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Looks like this rule is or will be quit in the near future...

Italy said: all visitors of the today's game, coming from UK, has to have the 5days quarantine, before entering the stadium.

Independent from date of arrival in Italy....

Yes, the rule is in place now and expected to expire at the end of the month. OTOH Boris Johnson is set to meet with Angela Merkel today at Chequers and one of the topics up for discussion is allowing fully vaccinated Britons to visit European countries with no quarantine required. If that happens, I think Italy will follow suit and drop the requirement.

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

No idea, I only asked about us (Americans).

If they allow fully vaccinated cruisers from USA, with 4.8 million active cases, way above all the  other countries; then they will have to allow FULLY VACCINATED cruisers from every country in the world

Edited by drsel

7 minutes ago, drsel said:

If they allow fully vaccinated cruisers from USA, with 4.8 million active cases, way above all the  other countries; then they will have to allow FULLY VACCINATED cruisers from every country in the world

Maybe, but MSC is a private company and they can have whatever rules they want. I may not always agree with them, but the decision isn't mine to make, it's MSC's. If worse comes to worse, we'll just move our booking to next year.