EU adds US to list of safe countries

DCGuy64

30 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

To be very honest, as long as the US ban is in place, the US guys should not be allowed to travel to Europe

Somebody has to make the first move, in my view it would be silly for the US not to reciprocate. If Americans are traveling to Europe, mixing and returning it makes sense to reciprocate and allow travel the other way. 

I hope this puts the pressure on the UK to follow suit.

10 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Somebody has to make the first move, in my view it would be silly for the US not to reciprocate. If Americans are traveling to Europe, mixing and returning it makes sense to reciprocate and allow travel the other way. 

I hope this puts the pressure on the UK to follow suit.

The US is planning to reciprocate, but I think the rationale (which, BTW, is correct) is that the vaccine rollout has gone faster in the US than in Europe so we are less likely to have the virus.

The last sentence in the article I posted says this:

"The White House last week said it is setting up a working group with Canada, Mexico, the U.K. and Europe to figure out how to reopen travel."

Edited by DCGuy64
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

The US is planning to reciprocate, but I think the rationale (which, BTW, is correct) is that the vaccine rollout has gone faster in the US than in Europe so we are less likely to have the virus.

The last sentence in the article I posted says this:

"The White House last week said it is setting up a working group with Canada, Mexico, the U.K. and Europe to figure out how to reopen travel."

You are right, I hope the UK will get the green light soon as our fully vaccinated numbers have overtaken the US now.

I really hope the EUs action will encourage our government to green light the US & the US will reciprocate.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

Very easy. Same Procedere .

Fully vax, why banned?

As long as the US ban fully vax EU people, no US citizen should be allowed to enter the EU

Somebody has to make the first move don't they?

1 hour ago, MarkusToe said:

Very easy. Same Procedere .

Fully vax, why banned?

As long as the US ban fully vax EU people, no US citizen should be allowed to enter the EU

No, doesn’t work that way. Last year, US citizens were banned from most countries due to COVID. Now that the vaccine rollout has gone well in the US and Europe is lagging behind, it makes sense to let Americans come back to Europe. Regardless of what you and I say, the EU says “Amerikaner Willkommen.“ 😊 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Nope, don't compare apples and pears.

I've said, fully vaxed....

We are close to the us now within Germany

Whatever you say, buddy. I guess I’m wrong and you’re right. Let me know when Ursula von der Leyen reads your post here and decides not to allow Americans to come to Europe after all. Done with this conversation, I don’t think you’re ever going to see the point I’ve been making. Have a good evening. 

4 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

The good thing, she has not the empowerment to decide this.

She is able the decide about risk and virus countries. But travel is decision county by country

That is correct. And more countries in Europe are opening up all of the time, which is what this thread is all about. If you’d like to start a thread about the US allowing foreign tourists in, by all means do so. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Liviucostin said:

Only Schengen + 4 countries are allowed to cruise until the end of July. They extended the period for another month 

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Itinerary-Updates.aspx

Thank you for the update.

We are due on in August and I really don’t want to pay the balance unless I’m sure it will be cancelled - which of course I can’t be! If they don’t release this info for August until the end of July I won’t have time to cancel under the flexible booking policy…my head hurts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malibustacey79 said:

Thank you for the update.

We are due on in August and I really don’t want to pay the balance unless I’m sure it will be cancelled - which of course I can’t be! If they don’t release this info for August until the end of July I won’t have time to cancel under the flexible booking policy…my head hurts. 

Don't even think of cancelling!

if MSC cancels your cruise, they will give you 100% FCC Plus $200 OBC to use for a future Cruise in 2022, 2023 or 2024 and you have until April 30, 2022 to book it

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, drsel said:

if MSC cancels your cruise, they will give you 100% FCC Plus $200 OBC to use for a future Cruise in 2022, 2023 or 2024 and you have until April 30, 2022 to book it

The problem is we don’t really want to go any more, due to a number of things but mainly that my kids are complete stress-causing Covid risks and they won’t want to either stay on the ship for a week or go on the excursions.

It was all completely different when we booked but at the moment I just can’t face the thought of them either catching it up until the day we go, or swabbing positive at the port, or them moaning about not being able to get off and wander! Plus Ibiza and Barcelona have been removed now which were our favourite ports. 

So my dilemma is; do I pay and just hope MSC cancel? Or leave it until the very very last minute (21 days as it’s a fly cruise) and cancel myself, meaning I will need to choose something before Sep ‘22 (as I understand it) without knowing what the future holds. First world problems, I know, but I just want it sorted really. Was hoping MSC would say the non-Schengen thing a bit earlier, or extend it a bit further. 

2 hours ago, Liviucostin said:

Only Schengen + 4 countries are allowed to cruise until the end of July. They extended the period for another month 

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Itinerary-Updates.aspx

They state that Covid specific insurance is mandatory, but how do non Europeans buy it from MSC? (Assuming non Europeans will be allowed to sail from October 2021 onwards)

Edited by drsel

1 hour ago, Malibustacey79 said:

So my dilemma is; do I pay and just hope MSC cancel? Or leave it until the very very last minute (21 days as it’s a fly cruise) and cancel myself, meaning I will need to choose something before Sep ‘22 (as I understand it) without knowing what the future holds. First world problems, I know, but I just want it sorted really. Was hoping MSC would say the non-Schengen thing a bit earlier, or extend it a bit further.

Make final payment and then wait for MSc to cancel and give you a FCC+$200.

August Cruises are unlikely for non Europeans

With my Aug 27th cruise, I will wait to make a decision only when MSC come demanding their final payment. I can see your rationale drsel but I also don't want to shell out thousands of pounds for a holiday that may get postponed until this time next year.  I'd rather spend the money on something now. This is the fourth MSC cruise that has been impacted by CV, and still not convinced the Virtuosa cruise will happen until the July 19th restriction lift is set in stone. 

So depressing that the UK has found itself in Plague Island territory yet again. 

6 hours ago, drsel said:

This isn't the case for UK customers who have paid deposit only - if they cancel it's just a 25% increase on your deposit.  

15 minutes ago, dritan said:

18 minutes ago, dritan said:

With my Aug 27th cruise, I will wait to make a decision only when MSC come demanding their final payment.

I don't think MSc will come to demand final payment.

you have to remember to pay it yourself and it's usually 90 days prior to sailing, 29th May.

My agent makes my final payment automatically from my credit card on file, and also sends me an email reminder 10 days prior to the final payment date.

Edited by drsel