HAL "Snap" Fare

We've booked a HAL Caribbean cruise in December 2021. We wanted our TA to inquire about obtaining "extras" (paid gratuities, free wifi, drink package, etc) which HAL is offering. However, our TA informed us that we're not eligible for these perks since we booked on-line (and, later had the account transferred to our TA) we booked a "snap" fare. She didn't even know what it was. We're booked into a Vista suite. We're thinking of having the TA cancel our existing booking and rebook the cruise booking our existing suite in an attempt to obtain the perks which are now being offered. Has anybody done this before? Anybody familiar with the "rules" associated with a snap fare?

Thanks

My guess is you booked what was shown as either "best price" or something similar.  That means no perks, but also generally means the deposit is non-refundable and you can't refare your cruise if you see a better deal.  You can cancel the booking, but you'll probably lose your deposit - then have to start over.

HAL's not offering free gratuities.  Their new Have it All pricing includes a bundle of wifi, shore excursion (1 per week), 1 dinner and beverage package at less than full price for those components.  They're not free - you pay for them in the fare.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 5

On 6/24/2021 at 10:50 PM, spa_bob said:

We've booked a HAL Caribbean cruise in December 2021. We wanted our TA to inquire about obtaining "extras" (paid gratuities, free wifi, drink package, etc) which HAL is offering. However, our TA informed us that we're not eligible for these perks since we booked on-line (and, later had the account transferred to our TA) we booked a "snap" fare. She didn't even know what it was. We're booked into a Vista suite. We're thinking of having the TA cancel our existing booking and rebook the cruise booking our existing suite in an attempt to obtain the perks which are now being offered. Has anybody done this before? Anybody familiar with the "rules" associated with a snap fare?

Thanks

You don't have to cancel to change perks 

On 7/1/2021 at 9:27 AM, Roz said:

You may be better off with the fare you have.  

We decided to stick with what we have. I did the "math". With the fare we had, we come out ahead. Not worth the aggravation of rebooking at a higher fare. Thanks for all the responses to my query. 

• 8 months later...
On 7/13/2021 at 6:02 PM, spa_bob said:

We decided to stick with what we have. I did the "math". With the fare we had, we come out ahead. Not worth the aggravation of rebooking at a higher fare. Thanks for all the responses to my query. 

How does one find these bargain "snap" fares on HAL?

Are these last minute bookings to fill the last few remaining cabins?

Or last minute cancelled cabins?

Edited by drsel