Havila Voyages further delayed.

hallasm

We are booked on in 2023 Sept.  Can't wait. We love arriving and departing ports and there will be a LOT of that - also the cabins look super.  We have upgraded ourselves to a suite as we will be spending a fair amount of time on the ship, so outside space is a pure necessity.

14 hours ago, hallasm said:

Look forward to your journey - hopefully you will also experience the Northern Lights on the trip

We are sure we may be too early for the Northern Lights, but the days should not be too short in September which is a bonus.

22 minutes ago, scousersue said:

We are sure we may be too early for the Northern Lights

Why are you sure?
Once the night is dark enough end of August you should be able to see the Northern Lights.

Bring windproof and warm clothes (layers of clothes) - it is very cold on the open deck at night in northern Norway. 

Edited by hallasm

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, All!

I've booked a group of 21 people for the March 5, 2023, BKB on the Havila Polaris. Looks like it is on schedule for delivery to Havila this fall. The ships look amazing and I'm excited to be one of the first to sail on it. I'm anxious to see a review of Havila to see if it is living up to expectations. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2022 at 6:18 PM, HockeyRules13 said:

Hello, All!

I've booked a group of 21 people for the March 5, 2023, BKB on the Havila Polaris. Looks like it is on schedule for delivery to Havila this fall. The ships look amazing and I'm excited to be one of the first to sail on it. I'm anxious to see a review of Havila to see if it is living up to expectations. 

I'll be happy to give a review, but since we're on the Feb. 14-25 round trip (Capella), it may not be much in advance of your trip.  The ships do look great, we're really looking forward to it.

• 4 months later...
On 7/19/2022 at 9:18 PM, HockeyRules13 said:

Hello, All!

I’m headed out on what I believe is her maiden paid voyage on January 9 doing the full tour with my mother.  We’re in our own cabins as I couldn’t pass up the solo cabin deal they have going on.

On 12/10/2022 at 11:45 PM, UDChE89 said:

I’m headed out on what I believe is her maiden paid voyage on January 9 doing the full tour with my mother.  We’re in our own cabins as I couldn’t pass up the solo cabin deal they have going on.

So fun! My group includes my mom (88) and my great-nephew (1) so it will be quite the family affair. I'm anxious to hear how your trip goes. Please report back afterwards. 

On 12/12/2022 at 12:12 PM, HockeyRules13 said:

So fun! My group includes my mom (88) and my great-nephew (1) so it will be quite the family affair. I'm anxious to hear how your trip goes. Please report back afterwards. 

So, I had thought that I might be on the maiden voyage on Polaris but looked again to see that there was a December sailing.  That December sailing is now gone.  I’ve got a message into Havila to see if my cruise is going to go (they’re still selling it) and what the options are if they’re not.

5 hours ago, UDChE89 said:

So, I had thought that I might be on the maiden voyage on Polaris but looked again to see that there was a December sailing.  That December sailing is now gone.  I’ve got a message into Havila to see if my cruise is going to go (they’re still selling it) and what the options are if they’re not.

I've been anxiously watching the Tersan Shipyard Instagram to see when they hand over Polaris, but I don't see that has been done yet. It will take a few weeks once handed over to begin passenger sailings. I hope this happens in time for your sailing!

4 hours ago, HockeyRules13 said:

I've been anxiously watching the Tersan Shipyard Instagram to see when they hand over Polaris, but I don't see that has been done yet. It will take a few weeks once handed over to begin passenger sailings. I hope this happens in time for your sailing!

Fortunately, we’re flying in on the 7th to Oslo and can make a connection to Bergen to make the departure that evening.  I’m hoping I can convince Havila to allow us to do this at the same rate if they cancel our cruise.

This is the response I got from Havila this morning.

“Thank you for contacting us. 

As of now we have not cancelled any departures with Havila Polaris as we are waiting and hoping the ship will arrive in time for its first scheduled sailing the 29th of december. We have however sent out information to customer that has a departure the 29th. 

Regarding the departure 09.01, we have no "news", but as soon as we have any updated information/ other information we will contact effected customers directly.”

Havila has now cancelled all cruises on Polaris through the end of January 2023.  Here’s the letter I received.

Dear Guest, 

On behalf of Havila Voyages, we regret to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control (see press release) we must cancel the sailings of Havila Polaris for the departures from Bergen: 29.12.22, 09.01.2023, 20.01.2023, 31.01.2023. This includes all ports on the stretches Bergen – Kirkenes – Bergen.

We therefore offer the following options: 

Rebooking:
We hope that you still want to travel with Havila Voyages, and we would like to give you the opportunity to rebook the original cabin grade at the same price as paid for the original planned sailing.

We suggest the following sailings with departure date from Bergen:
07.01.2023, 12.01.2023, 18.01.2023, 23.01.2023, 29.01.2023.

OR on an optional sailing with Havila Capella or Havila Castor departing in 2023 between 7th of January to 30th of April. 

Rebooking’s is based on availability in your cabin grade.

If you have booked our half or full voyage you will also receive the benefits from our anniversary campaign offer* which includes:
5000 NOK on board credit per cabin for a round voyage 
/ 2500 NOK on board credit for solo travelers
2500 NOK on board credit per cabin for a voyage north or voyage south

*If your booking already had this included, it will follow the rebooking.

If the journey is rebooked, Havila Voyages will cover change fees for flight tickets within reasonable limits. This must be documented and approved in advance by Havila Voyages. 

Refund:
If you choose not to rebook now and get your refund, we will offer you an onboard credit for a future voyage. We will offer you an on-board credit of NOK 5000 per cabin for a full voyage and NOK 2500 for a half voyage. Please contact our customer service team once you have made a new booking with us, and they will make sure the on-board credit is on your account for your voyage with us.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you will accept the benefits of a rebooking and to experience the world's most beautiful coastal voyage with us! 

Our customer service center will contact you regarding your trip. We will prioritize bookings by sail date.

You can contact us by replying to this e-mail or by phone. Please see our contact page for opening hours: https://www.havilavoyages.com/about-havila/contact-us  

You can read more about the situation in our press release.

Best regards

Havila Voyages

Havila Kystruten AS

P.O.Box 215, N-6099 Fosnavåg

Phone: + 47 70 00 70 70

• 7 months later...

In what should be the final delay in Havila ship start-ups, they just announced that they have completed the refinancing that eliminates the banned Russian entity and have taken possession of Capila and their two newest ships.  The final delay in this process will result in cancellation of the inaugural cruise on Pollux, which will now begin service on August 23.  Polaris will begin as scheduled on August 17.

Havila Voyages Takes Ownership of Capella