Edge dining advice

kelib

I am considering going on the Edge end of August. Usually am an NCL passenger because if their solo program, and always have the option of not eating alone.

I see that Celebrity has fixed dining and an anytime dining sign up. Which is preferred. On fixed dining do they make an attempt to place some solo diners together.  If you do anytime dining is there the same consideration? 

I also noticed on one of the current printouts that there was a solo lunch/meetup. Thought this was odd with it being a port day in Nassau. 
I know that I can’t expect Celebrity to be like NCL, but for the most part I don’t like dining for dinner alone. 
I have done Celebrity once but that was on the Summit with 11 other people. Want to try something different and want to do so soon. Not quite ready to book long term out for Europe yet since I want to see how long this damn bug persists to be around.

thanks in advance for any advice or info that I can use to make my decision.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, kelib said:

I am considering going on the Edge end of August. Usually am an NCL passenger because if their solo program, and always have the option of not eating alone.

I see that Celebrity has fixed dining and an anytime dining sign up. Which is preferred. On fixed dining do they make an attempt to place some solo diners together.  If you do anytime dining is there the same consideration? 

I also noticed on one of the current printouts that there was a solo lunch/meetup. Thought this was odd with it being a port day in Nassau. 
I know that I can’t expect Celebrity to be like NCL, but for the most part I don’t like dining for dinner alone. 
I have done Celebrity once but that was on the Summit with 11 other people. Want to try something different and want to do so soon. Not quite ready to book long term out for Europe yet since I want to see how long this damn bug persists to be around.

thanks in advance for any advice or info that I can use to make my decision.

I always do my time dining.  That gives me the option to dine with people I know or meet on the ship or dine by myself.  When I go to dinner I can tell them I want to dine by my self or dine in a large table.  Some of the time I am not in the mood to dine with couple and I let them know to find me a table with mostly non couples.  The problem I have with dining with set dining times is you are stuck with the people assigned to you or you have to ask to be moved tables.  My time dining just gives me more options.

1 hour ago, Traveling Mike said:

I always do my time dining.  That gives me the option to dine with people I know or meet on the ship or dine by myself.  When I go to dinner I can tell them I want to dine by my self or dine in a large table.  Some of the time I am not in the mood to dine with couple and I let them know to find me a table with mostly non couples.  The problem I have with dining with set dining times is you are stuck with the people assigned to you or you have to ask to be moved tables.  My time dining just gives me more options.

Thanks, that is how I signed up and am in our roll call and the other social media page. Actually quite a few solo travelers and plans for us to do dinner after group sail away meet up 

• Like 1