MSC Loyalty Match Submission Ignored

EBRANGER

On 7/15/2024 at 9:28 AM, yogimax said:

Our TA got our status match from RCCL Diamond Plus to Gold.

What surprised me was how little Gold status receives.  Compared to RCCL, it's almost worthless.  Not sure I would spend hours and hours and undergo such stress as some posters have experienced.

Got matched to MSC Diamond and even that is not much compared to Diamond on RCL. We chose to cruise YC on MSC and most of the MSC Diamond benefits are duplicated by booking in YC.

We do like MSC and are just a little shy of P because of our great cruises with MSC.  Will be on Virtuosa in Aug for a week then board RCL explorer for the TA and a few of cruises in the southern caribbean. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, frank808 said:

Got matched to MSC Diamond and even that is not much compared to Diamond on RCL.

If I may ask... you were matched to MSC's highest level.  What level were you on RCCL?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, yogimax said:

If I may ask... you were matched to MSC's highest level.  What level were you on RCCL?

At the time of our MSC match, we were and are still D+ on RCL. As you know, it is long ways to go from 175 points to next level at 700 points. Granted back then, we were probably less than 300pts and now we are just 70pts or so shy of P. Would have made P on Royal but we are enjoying all our sailings on MSC.  I think we are over 4 times MSC Diamond now.

We can sail two or three weeks in a YC1 for the price of one week in a CLS on Royal. No brainer to wife and I to cruise with MSC YC. Perks and what you get for your dollar is superior over SKY class on Royal. Room is not a wow like CLS but I can make do with a room with YC1(YC1 is most like a JS on royal). Shower in YC1 is second best on the seas. Second only to the showers in CLS on Oasis and Allure. The newer Oasis class have tubs in th master bath instead of showers.

Edited by frank808

8 hours ago, frank808 said:

At the time of our MSC match, we were and are still D+ on RCL. As you know, it is long ways to go from 175 points to next level at 700 points. Granted back then, we were probably less than 300pts and now we are just 70pts or so shy of P.

Interesting.  We are 75 points short of P and I don't see the benefits of switching lines just now.  We are not suite people and stick to balconies.  

We did book our first cruise on MSC for this October basically due to price.  An obstructed balcony with drink package and internet came to slightly less than $1500, much cheaper than RCCL.  The convenience of Brooklyn was also a factor.

MSC has apparently changed their status match and RCCL D+ now only translates to Gold, an almost meaningless status.

Did you check your spam inbox? Did you receive the original form submit confirmation by email? It could be as simple as not receiving those emails.

We were recently matched from NCL Silver to MSC Classic. Took 2 days for mine, and 4 days for my wife's.

Although we had 2 bookings, the Voyager Club numbers did not apply automatically on our existing cruises. We had to call and give them the number I received in the confirmation emails.

With all the negative comments about MSC's service, I was pleasantly surprised there was almost no wait time, and the girl on the phone gave us the 5% and 9.75% (on our next year's cruise) rebate without us even asking. Really nice service. I hope it continues that way.

For reference, the first e-mail confirmation of the request came from statusmatchreply@msccruisesusa.com and the status match approval came from MSCVoyagersClub@email.msccruises.com with subject "Congratulations! MSC Status Match approved!"

On 7/21/2024 at 4:10 AM, yogimax said:

Interesting.  We are 75 points short of P and I don't see the benefits of switching lines just now.  We are not suite people and stick to balconies.  

We did book our first cruise on MSC for this October basically due to price.  An obstructed balcony with drink package and internet came to slightly less than $1500, much cheaper than RCCL.  The convenience of Brooklyn was also a factor.

MSC has apparently changed their status match and RCCL D+ now only translates to Gold, an almost meaningless status.

Wife and I will be sailing for the first time out of Brooklyn on Meraviglia on Jan 12 to Feb 9 2025. Maybe you will love your MSC Oct cruise so much and join us on Meraviglia in Jan/Feb.  The benefits of MSC loyalty pale in comparison to RCL but MSC pricing is pretty good from what I have experienced. The only perk I am really looking forward to on hitting P, is the free internet.

Enjoy your cruise on MSC in Oct and please report how you like it. I find some things different on MSC but more things are alike between MSC and RCL. I guess MSC is gaining traction with cruisers, so no longer offering as high of status match.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, frank808 said:

Wife and I will be sailing for the first time out of Brooklyn on Meraviglia on Jan 12 to Feb 9 2025. Maybe you will love your MSC Oct cruise so much and join us on Meraviglia in Jan/Feb.  The benefits of MSC loyalty pale in comparison to RCL but MSC pricing is pretty good from what I have experienced. The only perk I am really looking forward to on hitting P, is the free internet.

Enjoy your cruise on MSC in Oct and please report how you like it. I find some things different on MSC but more things are alike between MSC and RCL. I guess MSC is gaining traction with cruisers, so no longer offering as high of status match.

Looking to our October cruise with fear and trembling.  Just for fun, I'll check the MSC prices for January and February.  I've been working with the assumption I would not book another MSC until we were satisfied with the first one.

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

Looking to our October cruise with fear and trembling.  Just for fun, I'll check the MSC prices for January and February.  I've been working with the assumption I would not book another MSC until we were satisfied with the first one.

Have no fear, you are on a cruise! Lot of worse places I could think of than in a cruise ship with food, entertainment and liquor being served to you. Try the pizza...best pizza I have had on the ocean. Way better than Sorrentos on RCL.