MSC Loyalty Match Submission Ignored

EBRANGER

20 minutes ago, uktog said:

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/status-match

Mind I am not sure it will work outside the UK as you will default to msccruises.com just as I cannot look at the .com site here 🙂

Thank you.  Good idea but it won't work because of the address info they default to UK and don't allow a change.  It's been 2 months and I've submitted so many times, and CS just says to keep waiting.  There is no way to communicate with the team in Italy doing the matches.  Emails to voyagersclub go unanswered.

On 7/15/2021 at 4:16 PM, Native Floridian 26 said:

I am also getting nowhere with my Princess Match.  It's been 6 weeks.   Noone said we shouldn't apply for Voyager prior to submitting match form so one rep told me that's a problem.  One they should be able to deal with I would think.  I have submitted the form probably 5 times and emailed them the info 4 times.  when I call CS, they say give it time, that it's taking6-8 weeks.  The work is done in Italy and on a very limited basis as they're still dealing with Covid.

Since we're matching Princess also, I wonder if that's a relationship.  You wouldn't think because everything they need is on the screenshot you send them.

I am elite with Princess and around Jan 2020 requested status match. I had not yet booked with MSC. A little while later, I received an email with my Voyager number (Jan 4, 2020). When I attempted to set up a profile and enter the number I got a message that the number had expired...I sent another email on Jan 6 explaining what happened after calling and speaking to a rep who said my number didn't exist in the system. I received a response dated Feb 5, 2020 that stated my number was active in the system. The process took a while but I was finally given Diamond status. I hope you have the same luck. I am now booked for October 2021 🙂

• Thanks 1

Approx two years ago we sent a copy of the cabin card showing our status on a competitor company and within 2 weeks were designated Black Card level which has changed to Diamond level.  Maybe currently there are staff shortages at MSC USA and things are backed up.  It should be a simple process to evaluate submitted information and issue a Voyager Club level.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes me too, since June 6th I had filled out their form and then got automated replies and no other follow up . I continued to send my info to their email and through their form ( yep overkill) and still just getting automated replies, then 10 days ago only my husband got a status match to Gold from NCL Platinum , but I had not even though I sent both our screenshots of our NCL accounts on the same email. So I continue to send them my info and also asking why I am having issues in login to see my Voyager's club page, ( as I get an error message).  My TA could not do anything for me but today she was able to contact them so that we could get the discount for Gold status since my husband is the primary contact for our booking.  Our cruise is not till January, but this is ridiculous..  Keeping fingers crossed that one of these days I will get my status changed to Gold.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2021 at 8:39 AM, Hlitner said:

Dealing with MSC Customer Service in the USA is often a horrible experience.  There are still some major cruise agencies that do not do business with MSC because of the frustrations.  My favorite cruise agent/agency does deal with MSC but they have admitted to me that it can be difficult when they must deal with a human (apparently the computerized system is OK).  When we first dealt with the status match issue I had also sent several e-mails and made a couple of calls.  I finally got to one of the two (that is what I was told) folks that handle all the status match stuff and she was very helpful.   While on the phone she was able to find the status match requests from both DW and myself and got it done!

But we are also big fans of MSC's Yacht Club and have found it worth the hassles encountered with the pre-cruise stuff.  Once aboard our MSC cruises all has been quite fine (at least in the YC).   But we recently cancelled our only MSC booking (14 days on the Meraviglia) because we were concerned about MSC's silence on some COVID-related issues.  Ironically we then booked a Seabourn cruise (out of Barbados) for similar dates and that particular booking has, so far, been the most difficult and troubled booking we have ever made.   If I had to do it over again I would have kept the MSC booking :(.

Hank

Can you please share the phone # or numbers that you used to reach someone, I am on 3 mos with totally inept reply emails ( once every month) thanks

13 minutes ago, ISLABONITA said:

Can you please share the phone # or numbers that you used to reach someone, I am on 3 mos with totally inept reply emails ( once every month) thanks

When I called MSC which was over 3 years ago (well before the COVID mess) I just called their general number and asked to be transferred to the office that handled status match.  As I recall (and this was years ago) I was simply transferred and got a very helpful lady who told me she was one of the folks that actually handled the status match.  She was able to find my application in her data base but unable to find DWs...but told me she would follow-up.  It was only a few days until we noticed our online status was raised to Black Card.   I will be honest in that it really was a minor thing since on MSC we only cruise in the Yacht Club where one's status has little meaning other then a free meal at an alternative dining venue (some would say this is a step down from the YC's own restaurant).  It did get us our 5% discount (available at any level).  But we did get 4 of those chocolate ships (we were on back to back and they gave us 2 for each cruise) which was a real problem.  We had no desire to lug those heavy chocolate ships home (I have better taste for my chocolate).  We tried to give them away to the staff but they told us they were not allowed to accept those ships as a gift.  In the end we simply left them in our cabin and assume they got tossed in the trash.

We are now in the COVID era when nobody's customer service is worth a darn (just try calling an airline).   If you are in the Yacht Club I would take copies of all the paperwork and ask the concierge to straighten out the mess.  If not in the YC I have no clue what you should do since the Guest Relations folks may not have the time to be as helpful  (in the Yacht Club they do not know how to say no).

Hank

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hlitner said:

But we did get 4 of those chocolate ships (we were on back to back and they gave us 2 for each cruise) which was a real problem.  We had no desire to lug those heavy chocolate ships home (I have better taste for my chocolate).  We tried to give them away to the staff but they told us they were not allowed to accept those ships as a gift.  In the end we simply left them in our cabin and assume they got tossed in the trash.

Quite surprised when I returned to my suite that last night before Miami to find that chocolate ship!  I had already finished most of my packing and planning for the next morning.  I thought:  what in the heck am I going to do with this?  Had two days in Fort Lauderdale before I boarded my next cruise.  Then, a few days back to Ohio yet to go after that cruise.  Leave them in my car?  That would cause an unmitigated mess in the car after they melted.  I had to do what you did.  Leave them in the suite and, like you thought, it probably went into the trash.  

I appreciated this unique amenity by MSC.  But, it's only practical if the guest has a short distance to travel when returning home.  

3 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

You did not miss a thing.  I d guess by the taste it is 5% chocolate for the color and 95% dark sugar.  I tasted zero chocolate in that ship and after a few bites tossed it.

They did gift with an inedible ship that made up for the fake chocolate

It's the thought that counts?  🤣

Getting back to the original title:  My opinion is that "ignored" is the wrong mindset.  

Many people are posting that they are submitting new requests a dozen times or more, if their original one is not filled quickly.  The system must be swamped.  I bet if each of us submitted our request just once, and then had a bit of patience, it would all be handled in order.  But, too late for that now.

8 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Getting back to the original title:  My opinion is that "ignored" is the wrong mindset.  

Many people are posting that they are submitting new requests a dozen times or more, if their original one is not filled quickly.  The system must be swamped.  I bet if each of us submitted our request just once, and then had a bit of patience, it would all be handled in order.  But, too late for that now.

I just had a reply to 3 of my emails all with incorrect references to what I had submitted.  I sent the forms for both husband and I back on June 7th and he got his only after I submitted each separately in July, then he got Gold and I did not, both Platinum on NCL.  The most recent emails were to certify that my husband was granted the match status, no reference to me, nor the  login issues that I sent screenshots of and not recognizing my account #.  I think some clerks working on the status match are better than others, also the Europeans seem to get it done much quicker. And another point I sent hard copies of my information to the Florida office with no response to a Jeffrey Lee and then get another email telling me that their website is not receiving the submitted forms and to email them instead, then a subsequent email telling me that this is not the correct information and to submit via their website. In other words they ( US site) does not know what they are doing!

Edited by ISLABONITA

20 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

Not in this case. Sugar is not healthy vs real nice chocolate.  I d rather two small pieces of chocolate vs this.  I ll never accept it again.

No one has implied that you ought to accept it.  Don't like it?  Leave it behind to be put into the trash.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ISLABONITA said:

I just had a reply to 3 of my emails all with incorrect references to what I had submitted.  I sent the forms for both husband and I back on June 7th and he got his only after I submitted each separately in July, then he got Gold and I did not, both Platinum on NCL.  The most recent emails were to certify that my husband was granted the match status, no reference to me, nor the  login issues that I sent screenshots of and not recognizing my account #.  I think some clerks working on the status match are better than others, also the Europeans seem to get it done much quicker. And another point I sent hard copies of my information to the Florida office with no response to a Jeffrey Lee and then get another email telling me that their website is not receiving the submitted forms and to email them instead, then a subsequent email telling me that this is not the correct information and to submit via their website. In other words they ( US site) does not know what they are doing!

IslaBonita - After over three months of trying, I also have been unsuccessful in my attempt to get Status Matched. To add to the insult, their auto-reply emails with a broken link add to the frustration. I’m sailing anyway next week, but future cruises will likely be with lines that appreciate my business. 

Canned Response from MSC:

We have received your email and will respond as soon as possible. In the meantime, feel free to visit MSC Voyagers Club - Overview for more  information regarding The MSC Voyagers Club.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi. I know this is an old topic, but I can't find any recent information.

Im wondering if anyone had any luck with the status match in Ireland.  When I put in my address it does not generate and eircode. Also it says postcode not eircode. Postcode is for UK addresses not Rep of Ireland. If I put in my eircode manually the drop down boxes for city, province and county are greyed out and I can't submit my application.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kero

We did our status match here in Finland and if I remember it right, it took less than a week to get the loyalty number. We matched our Royal Caribbean diamond status. So, maybe things work better if you do your business with MSC's Scandinavian office. 🤔

3 hours ago, jsydanma said:

So, maybe things work better if you do your business with MSC's Scandinavian office. 🤔

If you mix up the countries and move your VC account to Finland then you will not be able to enter through your "old" country website and not the new as well. 

I once had to change because I really moved to another country, what chaos it was to get back access to my booked cruise and the VC account. 

Old MSC rule, keep things simple as possible, avoid any changes.