Now advised Insurance Cover is not valid for Malta and Iceland cruises even with FCDO extension

Staffordshirecruiser

Further to my recent entry about insurance. Although the call I had with the sales team confirmed I was covered for international cruises such as those to Malta and Iceland, and a follow up call confirmed it again, I have now been advised by the Customer Services team that I am not.  They have apologised.

1 hour ago, Staffordshirecruiser said:

Further to my recent entry about insurance. Although the call I had with the sales team confirmed I was covered for international cruises such as those to Malta and Iceland, and a follow up call confirmed it again, I have now been advised by the Customer Services team that I am not.  They have apologised.

And the outcome?

Hi Les. I cancelled as I was within 14 days. I have transferred the booking to a UK cruise so will get fresh insurance for that.  I remain concerned that they gave so much reassurance and it took 3 hours of calls to discover the real situation.  The insurance industry is regulated so I don’t understand how they can avoid being held to account.  No matter, just looking forward to the cruise I can goon now.