Luggage Question

raysen2

i don't remember a number limit, but if i remember right when i read over our aos docs for our upcoming cruise, i think there is a weight limit of 200 pounds of luggage. At least i thought that was the limit. My docs are put away so i can't check, you should be able to find it out on rccl web site.

Unless your planing on bring everything you should be fine with what ever your planning. :-)

I don't think there's a limit for how much luggage you can bring aboard the ship. Don't forget that you will have to stow those empty suitcases somewhere and limited space in which to do that.

My guess is that you are bringing way too much clothing. I'm working very hard at being a reformed overpacker. Just remember the old adage when trying to figure out what to bring, "Bring half as much clothing and twice as much money as you think you'll need!!"

Have a great trip.

It may say 200 pounds, but they throw all the bags into big bins, and I am sure they don't take out each individuals and weigh them. I think that number is to keep some people from bringing WAY too much. As others have said, you will have to find somewhere to put all that "stuff" and the rooms storage is fine, but not abundant. After our first cruise I found that I didn't wear half the clothes I took! I agree with half the clothes and twice the money!

(Oops, just saw that Bubbie posted same thing at same time!)

Even though there is no limit to the number of bags, remember that any bags you carry on board yourself (i.e. do not check with the porters) have to fit through a scanner like they have at the airports.

If it doesn't fit through the scanner you can have it checked by the actual person, it does not mean you cannot carry it onboard if it won't fit through. There are many people that drive to port that opt to carry on all their luggage, so as to not wait for it. Don't worry about it not fitting through the ships scanner.

We usually have 2 suitcases, 2 garment bags, and a carry on and have had no troubles with "limit".

If it doesn't fit through the scanner you can have it checked by the actual person, it does not mean you cannot carry it onboard if it won't fit through. There are many people that drive to port that opt to carry on all their luggage, so as to not wait for it. Don't worry about it not fitting through the ships scanner.

I've seen the scanners turn people back and require them to go back outside and check their bags with porters.

Archived