New Bermuda PCR Test Question

doggfan7

I don't know if this is new information, but today on MVJ for our upcoming 8/3 sailing, I had a notification that stated: 

"Information about your required COVID-19 PCR test is now available in the Before You Go section"

When I click on that, it says the following:

Viking is committed to ensuring that you will be able to travel safely to your destination and join your cruise without incident. Please note, Bermuda requires a COVID-19 PCR Test (nasopharyngeal/nasal swab, polymerase chain reaction test)—either RT or Rapid PCR.The COVID-19 PCR test cannot be an antigen or antibody test. Timing: Test must be taken no more than 4 days prior to arrival in Bermuda.

Is this new that a rapid test can be used now? Or am I misunderstanding something?

16 minutes ago, doggfan7 said:

I don't know if this is new information, but today on MVJ for our upcoming 8/3 sailing, I had a notification that stated: 

"Information about your required COVID-19 PCR test is now available in the Before You Go section"

When I click on that, it says the following:

Viking is committed to ensuring that you will be able to travel safely to your destination and jyou are ok. oin your cruise without incident. Please note, Bermuda requires a COVID-19 PCR Test (nasopharyngeal/nasal swab, polymerase chain reaction test)—either RT or Rapid PCR.The COVID-19 PCR test cannot be an antigen or antibody test. Timing: Test must be taken no more than 4 days prior to arrival in Bermuda.

Is this new that a rapid test can be used now? Or am I misunderstanding something?

No it is the same information we had for our cruise July 13-20.

As long as it is 

PRC or RT-PRC you are ok. 

2 hours ago, Tom.in.nc said:

Most people associate “Rapid” with Antigen testing, but there are TRUE PCR tests that are rapid.

Just make sure it is PCR.

Precisely. We are paying extra for rapid results from a PCR test on Saturday morning, with 8 hours guaranteed.

• Like 2