Grenada: Taxi or Water taxi to Grand Anse Beach or Morne Rouge Beach? Fares?

muskokacruizerz

Can anyone tell me what the taxi rates are (estimated or official) to get from the ship to Grande Anse or Morne Rouge? Or are we better off to use the water taxi? If we use a taxi, should we establish a return time pickup (and pay him when the round trip is completed) or are there lots of taxis available to get us back to the ship?

Two weeks to go and we're out of the snow!!!

Water taxis are about the fastest way to get to Grand Anse. It's been about 5 years since I was there - so I won't speculate on what the fares are now. When we went the water taxi fare was return and quite cheap.

Were there in December.

Our ship docked at the new port, not the careenage so my prices are for the water taxi are for the former.

We were US$3 each way, to Grande Anse. No one seemed to offer return, but it means you're not stuck to sticking to the one taxi.

The water taxi's are in perpetual motion back and forth to the ships, but if you do want to say a time to your driver he will remember you!

sorry, can't comment on your other choice.

• 1 month later...
We were there in February of this year. The people who took land taxi got stuck in traffic and it took them 45 minutes to get to the beach. Water taxi takes five minutes at most

Normally speaking the land taxi takes between 5 and 10 minutes so I can only assume an incident of some sort had occured the day you were in Grenada

Just got back last week and the Water taxi is fast and only $3 pp but be prepared to have to climb in and out

of different size boats right on the beach. They will take you to the beach

and you have wade to sand. Not a big deal for most but if you have any

kind of mobility problems, take a land taxi.

Archived