CDC Yellow category for NA- does anyone have any info as to why?

topsailgirl

1 hour ago, syesmar said:

Based on data as of 3/17, Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam remain Orange (equivalent to pre-update Yellow). 

Eurodam improved to Yellow

What is going on with the koningsdam?  I used to find the site user friendly but not lately.  Perhaps I’m not looking in the right place anymore.  Thanks.

@Florida_gal_50Koningsdam is still Green, along with Nieuw Amsterstam, Noordam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam!

Here’s the website: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

The new Cruise Ship Status Dashboard where the Mon-Fri updates are may not be visible on all browsers, may want to try another one? You can choose the line and it narrows it down.

All the Best!

Edited by syesmar

15 minutes ago, syesmar said:

@Florida_gal_50Koningsdam is still Green, along with Nieuw Amsterstam, Noordam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam!

Here’s the website: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

The new Cruise Ship Status Dashboard where the Mon-Fri updates are may not be visible on all browsers, may want to try another one? You can choose the line and it narrows it down.

All the Best!

Thank you for your help.  Good to hear the koningsdam is still green. I'm just finishing my 2 weeks on her. Thank  you for providing the updates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, syesmar said:

@Florida_gal_50You're welcome. I hope you had a wonderful cruise aboard the Koningsdam! I haven't yet sailed on her, but our last cruise was on Nieuw Statendam and we absolutely loved it! 

All the Best!

There were quite a few bumps on this cruise.  For a while I thought I'd never sail Hal again.  Over time with the help of the Guest services manager everything did get resolved but it took a bit.  The service staff was exceptional and the food was very, very good.  I made extra trips to Sel de mer, that was above and beyond.  I really adore this class of ship.  I'd be happy to only sail on this class.

14 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

What were the 'bumps'?

Cancelled flight ease air and 100's of dollars being charged to my account in error. Cancellations happen but it was the substitutions that were ridiculous.  Even the manager said as much.  It was like whack a mole, get one resolved and another one pops up.  Got charged for every one of my free dinners even though it was noted in the comments (added by staff) to my reservation not to charge me.  Every time I've sailed on the K these accounting errors come up.  Its been very rare on other ships.

@Florida_gal_50Yikes! Sounds like quite a bit of hassle to have to deal with aboard. Hopefully, they'll get those issues settled. Still not sure why the dinner discounts/free seem to be an issue on some ships and not others. On our last cruise, we found out our flight had been cancelled a few hours before disembarkation due to a storm in the US. I had booked with frequent flyer miles, so no Flight Ease, but the NS front desk was so kind and even let me make phone calls. I remember it was quite a hassle that morning and not the way we wanted to end it, but at the end of the day I look back with fondness on the cruise overall. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

FIVE SHIPS ORANGE, THREE SHIPS GREEN

Based on data as of 3/25, Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Westerdam (Crew Only) remain Green.

Nieuw Statendam, Noordam (Crew Only),  Rotterdam and Zuiderdam remain Orange (equivalent to pre-update Yellow). Eurodam is back to Orange.

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 1

SIX SHIPS ORANGE, ONE YELLOW,  ONE GREEN

Based on data as of 3/28, Westerdam (Crew Only) remains GreenNieuw Amsterdam is back to Yellow.

Eurodam, Nieuw Statendam, Noordam (Crew Only), Rotterdam and Zuiderdam remain Orange (equivalent to pre-update Yellow). Koningsdam is back to Orange

Edited yesterday at 12:30 PM by syesmar

Edited by syesmar
  • Thanks 1

Based on today's update, with data as of 4/4, Westerdam (Crew Only) remains Green.

Nieuw Statendam, Noordam (Crew Only), Rotterdam and Zuiderdam remain Orange (equivalent to pre-update Yellow). Koningsdam improved to Yellow. Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam are back to to Orange

Based on today's update, with data as of 4/13, Westerdam (Crew Only) and Zaandam (Crew Only) remain Green.

Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Noordam (Crew Only), Rotterdam and Zuiderdam remain Orange (equivalent to pre-update Yellow). 

Koningsdam is back to Yellow.

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 1

Based on today's update, with data as of 4/18, Westerdam (Crew Only) remains Green. 

Zaandam (Crew Only) is now Yellow. {Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam are no longer on the list, outside of US waters}

Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam (Crew Only) and Zuiderdam remain Orange (equivalent to pre-update Yellow). 

Koningsdam is back to Orange.

• Like 1