Timing of Pre-Cruise Info Access Online

canderson

I have cruises booked for

7 November 2021 (B2B)

12 November 2021

31 October 2022

Phone app:

The phone app provides NO access to the 7 and 12 November 2021 cruises on Constellation.  All I get is

We’re working on the fun

Check back later for more details.

Sailing on a Charter?  Details of your

adventure await onboard.

However, for the 31 October 2022 cruise on Reflection, I can see the itinerary, look at deck plans, look at dining options, etc.  Whazzup with that?

Web Site:

I can bring up the “Plan my cruise” for all three cruises.

However, we’re now within 90 days (final has been payment made) on the two November 2021 cruises, and on the web site, both say “Check-in unavailable”.  I thought it was customary (even in the current climate of everything changing daily) to be able to begin that process within 90 days of the cruise after final payment has been made?

I’d think the age difference of the two ships might be the root of the problem. The Constellation probably does not have the same capabilities in their electronic makeup as the newer Reflection. Just keep checking your November cruises and the information will pop up as soon as X can get the information loaded into the app.

Timing for check ins have changed dramatically in these early days of resumed cruising. My August 27 trip on Equinox did not allow Check in until only 25 days beforehand.

Enjoy your B2B!

Edited by TN Vol Fan

I have cruises setup through the end of 2022 and all of them show in my app.    If you can see them on the website you should be able to see them on your app.   

I had the same problem last week an had to kill the app and do a reboot of the phone then all worked well again.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I had the same problem last week an had to kill the app and do a reboot of the phone then all worked well again.

'same' as in some showed up and others didn't?

I'm wondering about the prior post.  For the app to function does the ship have to be in active service?  Are we talking TO the ship long before departure, or Florida/wherever?  My 11/7 will be the restart cruise for Constellation, so hasn't had passengers in a while.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

'same' as in some showed up and others didn't?

I'm wondering about the prior post.  For the app to function does the ship have to be in active service?  Are we talking TO the ship long before departure, or Florida/wherever?  My 11/7 will be the restart cruise for Constellation, so hasn't had passengers in a while.

At the bottom of your cruises you can select Change Ships and dates then Get more informaton on ships we support -

Constellation and all of their sailing are listed but when I checked your sailing 11/17 it only has the itinerary.   If I select dining it says -  We're putting the finishing touches on your cruise check back later.

To clarify:

When firing up the app, it takes me directly to my Reflection 10/2022 cruise.

I then have to swipe right/left and select "Select a different sailing" from the Reflection 10/2022 page to escape from that cruise.

When I do that, then I get all 3 cruises in a list (below).  Touching the 11/7 or 11/12 cruise produces only the "We're working on the fun" response, whereas selecting the 11/2022 cruise brings up ship details, daily planner, etc.

Screenshot_20210815-173032_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.8f498796ceb4ceb85b17b0900ec283bd.jpg

You on iPhone or Android?  Are we using a different app?

Just for grins, I force stopped the app, wiped all data and cache, and restarted the app.  Again, it takes me directly to the 10/2022 cruise, and all other results as noted above.

Since you have no reservations for these cruises, you wouldn't be in a situation to pull them up on the app as 'your' cruises, so we may be in apples/oranges mode here.

On the web site, at least I can use the cruise planner, but nada on the app.

Also, no cruises planned for 11/17!  Is that actually what you tried to check?

Edited by canderson

40 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

At the bottom of your cruises you can select Change Ships and dates then Get more informaton on ships we support -

Ah, found your link.  Can see that there are two cruises for 11/2021 now, but no data populated.

20 minutes ago, canderson said:

To clarify:

When firing up the app, it takes me directly to my Reflection 10/2022 cruise.

I then have to swipe right/left and select "Select a different sailing" from the Reflection 10/2022 page to escape from that cruise.

When I do that, then I get all 3 cruises in a list (below).  Touching the 11/7 or 11/12 cruise produces only the "We're working on the fun" response, whereas selecting the 11/2022 cruise brings up ship details, daily planner, etc.

Screenshot_20210815-173032_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.8f498796ceb4ceb85b17b0900ec283bd.jpg

You on iPhone or Android?  Are we using a different app?

Same screen ---- now go all the way to the bottom snd choose other ships we support

D8C48F13-8231-4B22-AD4C-E22D7C25BB08.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

Great... I work in Software and have to say they logic of X on their app make it non-intuitive to navigate.

Yup.... I get the same results as you.    I can see those cruises but nothing has been populated  yet

Did embedded software for a long time.  Retired in 2014.  Good friend got into a ditch when his IT/embedded/board design guy gave 2 weeks notice last December.  Now I'm writing software to allow for tracking of  "low earth objects" using some very zippy (15 degrees/sec) telescopes.  By comparison, a typical 'star' tracking speed is 15 degrees/hour.

Anyway, yes.  X's approach to a UI has always been interesting.

if i choose the Nov 7th Connie cruise, it wont let me got back to "my cruise" which is the Dec 23rd Connie cruise unless i pick it manually from the "get more details on ships" menu which doesn't have the "your cruise" tag.

nutty app.

Edited by The_Mac