Specialty Dining Discounts Onboard + Cocktails in Specialty Restaurants?

corthaus

I'm embarking on my second-ever cruise aboard Oasis of the Seas this upcoming Sunday. I was interested in purchasing the UDP but given my "newness" to cruising in general and this being my first time onboard Oasis, I want to see how satisfied I am with the complimentary options. I have a small amount of OBC that I plan to use for Portside BBQ, tapas at Vintages, and maybe some snacks at Playmakers.

However, should I decide to try one of the specialty dining options (150 Central Park or Giovanni's, for example), are onboard sales cheaper than the price in the Cruise Planner? Or is it generally better to purchase before the cruise and cancel onboard if I change my mind?

Additionally, I did get the UBP, and there are some cocktails at the specialty restaurants I would like to try; I love sake, and some of the drinks at Izumi sound tasty. Am I able to only go to the bar at specialty venues?

Have seen posts here before of restaurants being offered onboard at up to 50% off if not busy and Oasis has a lot of restaurants and aren't currently sailing full.  Use your negotiating skills and see what happens.  Worst case is you'll pay full price.

You may be able to order drinks at Izumi if they have the sushi bar seating opened.  I can't recall an actual bar in the other restaurants, but, all accounts are that staff is going above and beyond, so just ask on board.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea