Visas….????

Taitam

I just talked to a Viking Representative and was told that for the purpose of obtaining our visas we would have to submit our physical passports to Genvisa. Until now I was under the impression that this would all be done electronically. Has anybody else heard this?

Cheers

Thomas Knueppel

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 4:06 PM, PeabodyMa said:

GenVISA always needs your physical passport.

That is not true if the country allows an e-visa then GenVisa  usually requires a high resolution copy of the 2 pages such  as their requirement for an India e-visa -

E-TOURIST VISA:

TOURIST VISA

MULTIPLE ENTRY, VALID FOR 12 MONTHS.

• Professional, High Resolution color copy of the data page of your US Passport bio data page and signature page (page 2 and 3 on your passport).
  • Professional, High Resolution passport type photo, taken within 6 months on complete white background without any shadows. Photo should be 2”x 2” with front view, no smiling, and no glasses.

@Taitam, If you are asking about the Visas for the upcoming WC , the only true and accurate answer to your question will be determined by what will be in the Visa package put together by them and Viking .  I would not rely 100% on answers from either people on this forum  ( including myself ,although I have a lot of experience doing visas) nor the Viking people at the WC desk, as even they are not 100% sure at this moment . Several countries are not even allowing visa applications at the moment and it could be that the normal visa process for these countries may differ due to the current Covid situation.  A case in point for that is Vietnam where GenVisa right now is not showing the possibility of a loose leaf visa ( just need the passport page copy and they send a paper that you put in your passport) which it has done in the past. Again, this could be because Vietnam is not processing any tourist visas right now.

i think that you should assume that you will need to send in your passport and plan any international trips accordingly . Hopefully it won’t be too much longer until we know 😬