4 PM arrival in Rhodes fore overnight

new_cruiser

Star Legend arrives in Rhodes at 4 PM for an overnight stay. If you had a similar arrival, did you go into town or do something for the evening? I'm looking for suggestions on things to do when we arrive. 

Possibly that will be the night of the deck BBQ, but the cruise has late departures (9 or 10 PM) in other ports, Agios Nikolaos, Santorini and  Monemvasia, so maybe not. 

I have not cruised to Rhodes (yet), but if I had the chance I would definitely forego dinner on board and seek out one of the dinner venues in the old town area.  I spent nearly a week in Rhodes some years back and the area is awesome in the evening.

When we were it Rhodes it was for a late night departure   We stayed on board and were sorry. The ship emptied out. The port is not a long walk from town and everyone was going out for dinner in a magical city.

An added bonus was that two WS ships were in port the same evening one going west and one going east. We departed at the same time and the captains showed off and made quite a event it it. Full sails with the lights on, music blasting, they circled each other 3-4 times and then out we went, one after each other. One of my top 5 WS evenings. 

• Like 1