Millennium Last Alaska Cruise of the Season

tonyd285

We were on the Millennium last week, the last Alaska cruise for 2021.  There were only about 650 fellow cruisers on the ship which, for a ship that large, was a strange experience.  No lines, no lounge chair hogging, plenty of seats in every venue.  The ship was immaculate, the staff was not only happy to be on board but outstanding in their service to the guests.  We particularly liked the no mask requirements anywhere on the ship.  I will say that the food, both in Blu (we were Aquaclass) and in the Metropolitan main dining room was not really up to Celebrity standards.  There were a couple of exceptional meals but for the most part I was disappointed.  The orange and grapefruit juices in Blu were undrinkable.  I think they were creations of some mad scientist.  They didn't taste like orange or grapefruit.  I'm not sure what they tasted like but they were awful.  I usually enjoy a bagel and smoked salmon for breakfast but the smoked salmon had an off flavor.  I tried it once and decided there was something wrong and didn't have it again.  Two of our port stops, Juneau and Ketchikan were shared with Royal Caribbean's "Ovation of the Seas."  That ship had many more passengers and consequently, a couple of tours were sold out when we attempted to join them.  I was told that the Ovation did have a mask requirement on board.  Anyway, we enjoyed the trip, our first cruise in nearly two years, and look forward to cruising again soon.

Edited by tonyd285
a misspelling.

• tonyd285 changed the title to Millennium Last Alaska Cruise of the Season