Tell me what you think

shiner6

I have never been to Europe. I dream of a Norwegian cruise  but am a novice at this part of the world.  Please tell me what you think about this itinerary.   Dover-Bergman-Alesund-Mole-Olde-Nordford-Skjolden-Sognefjord and Haugesund.

3 hours ago, shiner6 said:

Bergman-Alesund-Mole-Olde-Nordford-Skjolden-Sognefjord and Haugesund.

Assuming: Bergen, Alesund, Molde, Olden, Nordfjordeid, Sognefjord scenic cruise into Skjolden and Haugesund. 

In general an OK itinerary- highlights are: Bergen, Alesund, Olden, the scenic cruising to Sognefjord and Olden.

44 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

This is Carnival. I have never sailed on them but have plenty of cruises on other lines.

Carnival is like the Applebee's of cruising. If you've only ever cruise Carnival it's okay but if you've cruised other lines you'll realize you're eating at Applebee's.

• Like 1

That is a good description, pretty close to what I perceived after reading reviews. We really like Princess and HAL and of course Disney.  We have outgrown Disney and it’s prices are high.  We did enjoy Royal Caribbean very much even though  we felt the food was not as good as Princess.   We are not food or drink snobs by any means, but we do enjoy good food and a nice wine and are willing to pay extra for it.  Applebee’s is fine for a few days as long as I get to splurge a little every now and then.

I take it you haven't yet booked this cruise.  We are also very interested in Norway having only been to Oslo.  We are booked on Azamara Quest July 25 and really looking forward to it.  We were previously booked on Celebrity Silhouette for Aug 26 this year but it cancelled and it was a fabulous itinerary.  Norway is very expensive, so it's good to visit it on a cruise ship.  I hope you find something that suits you.