Name of alleyway Tiki Bar?

gatour

It has become a recent custom for me to have beer at a certain bar whenever I am on a ship that stops in St Thomas. The trouble is that I can't remember its name. It is located in the alleyway where the Hard Rock used to be. I think Wendy's is no in the old Hard Rock location. Anyone know the name of the bar I am thinking about?

Hard Rock was in International Plaza, which isn't really an alleyway. The bar in the middle of International Plaza is now the Giggling Gecko (I'm not sure if that's what it was always called.)

Next to International Plaza is a very popular restaurant/bar called The Greenhouse.

Were you able to see the water from this bar? You can from the Greenhouse - not from Giggling Gecko. Giggling Gecko looks more like a "tiki" bar, I guess.

ms411,

I believe you have it correct. I more or less remember "gecko" being in the name. Yep the Greenhouse is in the area overlooking the bay.

While the Gecko isn't much of a bar, it is a place to get cold one while the wife shops.

It is a comfortable place to wait while someone shops. They now have jazz on Thurs evenings starting at 5:30, and will probably continue through "season."

Their best kept secret is the $2 mimosas at breakfast! Not advertised - you have to ask! Breakfast portions small, though.

Archived