Muster Drill

esther e

22 hours ago, Texed said:

Do you think we should put on a life vest during the plane safety briefing also?  

Ha Ha....Well, given that they're located underneath the seats, that's a bit impractical, don't you think? In this older thread, I was just trying to convey that the newer (very relaxed) video-oriented drill presentation likely doesn't prepare one as well for an actual emergency compared to doing a more 'hands-on' sort of drill or at least having to stand out at the muster station and receive the explanation. Unless you've been part of an actual emergency on a cruise ship, you really can't relate to what I'm trying to express. Let's face it, most on the plane pretty much tune-out the flight attendant going through the spiel. Probably the same for whatever takes place on cruise ships since likely the attitude for most passengers is that 'nothing bad will happen anyway'. I was probably about the same way...till March 23, 2019. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2023 at 4:43 PM, DaKahuna said:

One my last three sailings, the crew practiced emergency evacuation drills on inport days.  To include actually using some crew members as passengers and launching the lifeboats. 

I've seen similar. Crew probably has to do this every so often.