Cruise and fly booked cancelled flight part

Lovestotravel81

I follow a Facebook page for Msc seaview and someone has commented that MSC have sent them email cancelling the flight part of their booking on the 21st December London  Heathrow to Barbados. We are also due to fly that day bit as yet the flight is still showing when I log in, are they expecting people to find their own flights as flights from the UK for 4 on that day are over £7000 😡

Edited by Lovestotravel81
Spelling

This may well be the reason!

Both Lawrence and Gumbs had held initial discussions over the past weeks with MSC Cruises, discussing alternatives to turn one of their newest ships MSC Seaview into a homeport vessel out of Port St. Maarten as early as December 2021. MSC Seaview was launched in 2018 as part of the Seaside Class and has a guest capacity of over 5,000 passengers.

Story Here ... 

The Daily Herald - MSC Cruises new candidate for homeporting in St. Maarten

5 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Unsure why that would result in (potential) flights cancelled between UK and Barbados if the guests cruise from Barbados is still the same.

Have to always remember that MSC operate a bus-like service so they may have a home port but that doesn't stop them having passengers embark/disembark at every other port.

Yep I know that but I doubt that they would sail to Barbados from St Maarten also knowing that two  ports on the itinerary Guadaloupe and one other have decided to remain closed until January 2022, it looks like MSC are looking at other options. The flights would be pointless if the ship is not porting at Barbados.

2 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

lol if the ship wasn't stopping in Barbados, the people the OP is referring to would have had their cruise cancelled or amended but it hasn't from what we know - just the flights cancelled and not even re-routed.

of course, if all this only happening recently, there is still time for MSC to change it all again 3 or 4 times between now and December - which clearly doesnt help either.

You are an optimist!  I would have wagered on 6 - 8 changes!😉

• Haha 2

Ships cannot dock in Guadeloupe and Martinique due to COVID restrictions, so they are looking at alternative itineraries, possibly with embarkation from St. Marteen. Probably the ship will no longer visit Barbados, or will on another day of the week, just wait for an announcement or email by the end of next week I guess.