Laundramatte noise on Sapphire?

Gerko

Princess have changed our ship from Royal to Sapphire and in doing so moved our minisuite to D222 which is directly opposite the entrance to the self service laundramatte. On sailings long past there was always noise from these as pax decided to wash their dirties late in the evening after a night in the bar. My wife tells me that now they close these rooms down early to stop that but I'm not convinced. Given I've paid extra for the minisuite I have no desire to be kept awake by the spin dryer going nearby. Has anyone got knowledge they can advise me with?

We have never been on the Sapphire but we have not had a problem with noise on other ships. We purposely book cabins near the laundromat on long cruises. It's nice to be able to pop your head in to look for open machines. If I remember correctly they lock the doors from 10pm to 8am. 

Edited by Loritd

We have been on the Sapphire and never noticed much if any noise from the laundromat walking by. Sure nice to have available when on a longer cruise and you don't have to pack as much clothes. We were in an inside cabin and heard very little outside noise. Found the rooms were quite soundproof. Can't remember if the laundromat were open all the time or closed down at night.

Cheers, hope that helps.

• 2 years later...