Web site for ALL ships departing??

beachnative

Is there a web site that lists all ships that are embarking on a cruise on a particular date? We know the date we wish to sail and would like to know all of our options (not just Princess...although we do like Princess and sail with them often). We've been trying to dig throught the cruise line literature but we hope that one of you seasoned posters here could tell us of a shortcut. It would be extremely helpful to plug in a date and see all that is available. You all seem to something about everything about cruising...I've relied on your expert advice for my previous cruises...don't let me down now.

Yes there are many. Have you tried the big three? I'm not sure if I am allowed to name other travel websites but the big three are expedia.com, travelocity.com and orbitz.com.

Good luck.

P.S. Sorry in advance if I have broken any rules.

I use cruisecal.com but sometimes some of the ships aren't always listed. Last fall, I was researching which ships were going to be in the same port as us at each port. Then a few weeks before our trip, I looked again, and my ship vanished from the listings for the time of our trip. Scared me (would think our cruise got cancelled) except for the fact we had our tickets.

There are probably hundreds of sites which will let you check all cruises which, for example, depart on March 5 for the Caribbean. Just type "discount cruises" in google and you will have more sites than you will ever want.

You do need to use the sites properly, however. Many sites, on their home page, will let you search only for a specified month, but if you click on "Advanced Search," then you can check for a given day. cruise411.com and cruise.com are two examples, where you will should check the Advanced Search to specify the particular day. Some make it a little harder; for example, on 7blueseas.com, you will have to click on Find a Cruise, and ignore the box on the home page, which specifies only the month. Then you can choose the day, or in this last case, the specific interval of days, you are interested in. And occasionally you will enter a site which only specifies by month, despite checking the Advanced Search. But then just go to the next cruise company. All in all, it is very easy to do what you want to do. I usually check two or three companies, just in case a cruise is not listed with one of the companies, but that is not much different than when I call the airlines for their schedule -- I usually call back once or twice, since they are accurate and complete for the most part, but every now and then they flub it.

Incidentally, when I read your question, I simply checked a few of the online companies I was most familiar with. In no way am I recommending them over any other travel companies.

Bill

I like using the "advanced" search feature on Travelocity as a good palce to start. It allows you to search a range of dates, as wide or narrow as you wish, and you can further narrow the search by port, cruisline, length, etc. A good way to see all your options.

Archived