My Cruise Review, Thoughts and Opinions on my 10/23/2021 Mardi Gras Cruise. (Sorry, No Pictures)

Sensenigr

3 hours ago, dcgrumpy said:

I think the $229 was for the thermal pass, not Cheers. 

I will infer you're correct.  The 229 was the first line of the next paragraph after Cheers was discussed and the spa was discussed later on in that next paragraph.

On 11/22/2021 at 6:45 AM, crewsweeper said:

Appreciate your succinct review.  Always nice to hear from Los Angelians as we lived there for almost 20 years. 

We're boarding Saturday.  But Western C.  I'm hoping to skip the MDR altogether but DW loves Sea Day brunch and Elegant nights.  So glad to hear the MDR food and service aren't as bad as others have opined. 

Did you hang out at the Serenity or Summer landing?  Crowded? Any room on deck for someone on deck to take pictures of another riding the BOLT?.

I didn't get to go to Summer Landing in the daytime; however, we spent quite a bit of time at Serenity.  This is definitely one of the largest (if not the largest) Serenity on any Carnival ship.  There is plenty of room for everyone.

I'll be honest, I didn't really pay attention to areas to take pictures upstairs by the Bolt.  Both of the members in our party were riders, and I wasn't really looking for that.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 8:26 AM, GB Chicago said:

Fantastic review, thank you!  The Jan 2nd sailing is our first cruise after 9 reschedules and i am definitely getting excited!  Did they do an 80's and white night?

I'm happy to hear that you are excited.  I know that they did do some theme nights; however, I'm not sure what the themes were.  I think I was engaged in theater shows and comedy shows when they were going on, and I did not attend....  Have a great time!

On 11/23/2021 at 10:53 AM, Sensenigr said:

I'm happy to hear that you are excited.  I know that they did do some theme nights; however, I'm not sure what the themes were.  I think I was engaged in theater shows and comedy shows when they were going on, and I did not attend....  Have a great time!

According to the funtimes posted by SaintGregTravel it looks like the only theme night on the Mardi Gras is a tiki party.