South Africa Cruises

lgaston

@tiggertom you will no doubt have seen the options for lift & shift in post #44.

I saw your reason for being unable to lift & shift within those times in post #46.

Nothing to lose by approaching Azamara with your dilemma and trying to get your cancelled cruise moved out to 2024.

Good luck!

On 12/10/2021 at 10:42 PM, Baynanno1 said:

@tiggertom you will no doubt have seen the options for lift & shift in post #44.

I saw your reason for being unable to lift & shift within those times in post #46.

Nothing to lose by approaching Azamara with your dilemma and trying to get your cancelled cruise moved out to 2024.

Good luck!

Unfortunately Azamara would not allow a lift and shift to a cruise after March 2023 and if we took the 125% fcc we had to sail by April 2023. We have so many cruises backed up as we never cancelled a cruise,  just postponed it to a later date so now we have no “window” to sail until September 2023. We can’t be the only ones in this situation? Azamara have to realise that a year to rebook in this current climate is insufficient. For this first time we have no option but to take a refund. 

1 hour ago, tiggertom said:

Unfortunately Azamara would not allow a lift and shift to a cruise after March 2023 and if we took the 125% fcc we had to sail by April 2023. We have so many cruises backed up as we never cancelled a cruise,  just postponed it to a later date so now we have no “window” to sail until September 2023. We can’t be the only ones in this situation? Azamara have to realise that a year to rebook in this current climate is insufficient. For this first time we have no option but to take a refund. 

I'm sorry to hear there is no flexibility.

On 12/13/2021 at 11:14 PM, audobon_tx said:

Just read UK will scrap the "red list".

Is it too late for Azamara to change their mind?

In this ever changing world hopefully Azamara will look at the bigger picture. Scrapping the UK'S red list is one thing and probably some reflection of the Omicron virus being out there already rather than confined to certain countries, but it's coming to all of us.

Going back to the "bigger picture" I would not be happy to take a cruise to a part of the world where historically the %age of vaccinated is so poor. I'm sure Azamara will be looking at that too. It's a terribly difficult call for them, but they will err on the side of caution for the sake of keeping us all safe. 

Phil 

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

We did a lift-and-shift of the Azamara South Africa Intensive cruise from Feb '22 to Feb '23.

What I'm researching now is visa requirements (we're Canadian citizens). What I gather is:

- South Africa - visa exempt, 90-day visa issued upon arrival.

- Mozambique - can't find non-contradictory advice for visitors arriving for day-stop on cruise only. Everything from no-visa, visa issued onboard, visa must be obtained in advance --- Any knowledgeable advice?

- We also want to do a side-trip to Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) after the cruise and wonder about South Africa re-entry requirements (more confusing advice on leave/re-entry while already having a SA tourist visa in the passport).

Thanks

On 4/12/2022 at 11:03 AM, robsaw said:

We did a lift-and-shift of the Azamara South Africa Intensive cruise from Feb '22 to Feb '23.

What I'm researching now is visa requirements (we're Canadian citizens). What I gather is:

- Mozambique - can't find non-contradictory advice for visitors arriving for day-stop on cruise only. Everything from no-visa, visa issued onboard, visa must be obtained in advance --- Any knowledgeable advice?

- We also want to do a side-trip to Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) after the cruise and wonder about South Africa re-entry requirements (more confusing advice on leave/re-entry while already having a SA tourist visa in the passport).

Thanks

I left ship and raw joined in Capetown. Pre Covid pre easy. But I had two visas one for each side of falls 

On 4/13/2022 at 8:12 PM, Roel94 said:

I left ship and raw joined in Capetown. Pre Covid pre easy. But I had two visas one for each side of falls 

We are on the South African cruise end of November, still very confused after enquiring to Azamara  that we can get Visa onboard if we go on excursions,if anyone can give us advise would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2022 at 12:37 PM, Grand Cru said:

We are on the South African cruise end of November, still very confused after enquiring to Azamara  that we can get Visa onboard if we go on excursions,if anyone can give us advise would be appreciated.

Emailed Azamara on the question of on-board visas for Mozambique - received a non-answer with a reference to visacentral for visa requirements. Perhaps the situation is too unpredictable for them to say at the time but then I would prefer a statement to that effect and a straight-forward recommendation to get a visa in advance

11 hours ago, robsaw said:

Emailed Azamara on the question of on-board visas for Mozambique - received a non-answer with a reference to visacentral for visa requirements. Perhaps the situation is too unpredictable for them to say at the time but then I would prefer a statement to that effect and a straight-forward recommendation to get a visa in advance

Pre Covid I got it on crystal and laud crystal.

Hi Robsaw, we are also on this cruise, iv been trying for quite a while to get an answer, ( we are from the uk), there are ports of call that I can’t get any answers to from Azamara ( even if I can actually talk to someone) concerning if we have to get a visa just to do ports of call which means in most cases less than 24 hours, please can someone advise about visas just to do an excursion , does Azamara  provide them if you book an excursion with them.  Come Azamara give us an answer please.

• 2 months later...
On 4/12/2022 at 11:03 AM, robsaw said:

Thanks

I am on the same cruise as you, if you are still booked on the February 2023 and March 4/ 23 cruise. Did you ever get any answers to your visa questions? Final payment is coming up and if I don’t have a definite answer I will cancel. I just can’t afford to wait 60 days out for (hopefully) a visa announcement and then lose my total cruise fare because I can’t send my passport in. I have written Azamara but got this answer “they likely will” issue visas on board but then again “probably not”. What??

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 10:03 AM, robsaw said:

Thanks

My wife and I are taking the Feb 8 South Africa Intensive itinerary on the Journey.  I have separate confirmations from my TA and AZ directly that this itinerary does NOT require visas in advance at embarkation for U.S. passport holders.  Additionally, AZ will issue a visa for Mozambique once onboard.  So with proper passport and vaccination documentation, U.S. passport holders at least should have trouble-free boarding in Cape Town.