Who’s cruising with their kids these days?

flyingandcruising

We did a 12-member family cruise a couple of years ago with a grandson that age - the youngest in the family - and we all felt afterwards that he really didn't get any particular enjoyment from being on the cruise. He didn't dislike it, but it was a pretty neutral experience. In normal, non-pandemic times, I'd say go ahead, but the risk associated with travel today with one and possibly two unvaccinated children outweighs the benefits IMO. On a Royal ship, you will be faced with a high number of unvaccinated young children at Christmas, so the risk is that much higher than on a cruise line where there are fewer children.  

• Like 2

We love to cruise with our kids but will not be going on one until we are all fully vaxxed. While our 13yr old has been vaxxed since end of July, we are still waiting for approval for our 10(nearly 11) yr old. Hopefully soon! Also please be aware that unvaccinated children cannot return to school or day care for 14 days after you return to Canada. Another deterent for many of us. That is why we are leaving our 10yr old at home with relatives this week while my husband and I go to Disneyland with our 13yr old and my best friend and her 13yr old. Luckily my 10yr old doesn't mind missing the parks, but if we were going on a cruise without her?? Ha....forget it, she'd make us walk the plank!

• Like 1