Upgrade for a single cruiser?

Elkins45

I'm booked on a 4 day by myself and just received the email to bid on an upgrade. The FAQ doesn't address the question of additional costs if you're by yourself and the language on the bidding page says "per 2 persons" or something to that effect. So my question is this: if I bid $300 for an upgrade and they accept it while I pay $300 or $600?

5 hours ago, Elkins45 said:

I'm booked on a 4 day by myself and just received the email to bid on an upgrade. The FAQ doesn't address the question of additional costs if you're by yourself and the language on the bidding page says "per 2 persons" or something to that effect. So my question is this: if I bid $300 for an upgrade and they accept it while I pay $300 or $600?

I am in the same situation and the answer I got was the upgrade is for 2 people.  SO you will pay $600.

• Like 1

I sailed solo in 2019 on the MSC Seaside. I was originally booked in a Bella balcony.  They changed it to guaranteed and then I received the same email to upgrade.  I looked at it and decided against paying for an upgrade.  3 days before we sailed, they upgraded me to a suite on the back of the ship with a wrap-around balcony.  Obviously no guarantee that they'd upgrade you, but may be worth the wait.  Happy cruising! 🙂