OBC - Refundable/Non-Refundable

bottomfeeder

Maybe a silly question, but assuming I take the option of the "Mexican Riviera Sojourn" for my December 4th cruise, I will have both types of OBC.  How do I ensure that Viking applies my onboard expenses to the non-refundable OBC first, since I won't be able to cash that out if I don't use it?

I've never had significant amounts in both types of OBC on the same cruise before.

Thank you!

When you have both refundable & non-refundable OBC, in our experience, onboard they always debit the non-refundable credits first.

However, as per the previous reply, at the end of the cruise, the non-refundable is Not refunded, but we received a cheque for the refundable OBC in 4 - 6 weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jazmyn49 said:

We had over $3000 in OBC when COVID forced us off the World Cruise in Dubai.  We were told on board that they would take care of us and it would not be lost.  Nope.  Lost it all despite taking it up the ladder.

I printed a copy of our onboard account just prior to disembarking. Didn't expect to receive the non-refundable, but we did get a cheque for the almost US $5K refundable OBC. If some of your credits were refundable, you should have received a cheque.

8 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

I printed a copy of our onboard account just prior to disembarking. Didn't expect to receive the non-refundable, but we did get a cheque for the almost US $5K refundable OBC. If some of your credits were refundable, you should have received a cheque.

Perhaps not since cruise is in the future.

42 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Perhaps not since cruise is in the future.

Sorry, she is making reference to the 2020 WC, as they boarded in L/A on the same day as us, and if memory is correct disembarked in Dubai. The cruise is definitely over.