Soda Card Dance

TEAGAN

;)

I am a first time cruiser leaving in 2 months. I have been doing my homework. I have learned a lot about the important stuff like soda cards and consider myself somewhat informed now. So here is the “soda card dance” & please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong...I understand this is quite a contentious issue based upon previous threads J.

Soda cards cost $6 per day per adult or $48.30 and $4 per day for kids or $32.20 based upon 7 day cruise.

You have to buy them on the day of embarkation at any bar or restaurant. I believe that you must walk the plank if you require a soda card after embarkation…so plan ahead. Soda cards can be used for unlimited fountain (not canned) soda (or pop if your Canadian J) & certain juices. They do not include bottled water or iced tea. They serve Coke products (not Pepsi products). You get a cup which you can refill when you show your soda card – or not (you can get a regular drink cup at the bar/restaurant). If you get a soda card, you should never say that you are getting free soda…this is apparently a BIG cruise no no. You can’t use your soda card at Johnny Rockets. You can use them in the dining rooms. And the biggest ironic twist to know about soda cards……is that they aren’t cards at all….they are stickers !!!!!!! Wow I’ve got so much more studying to do before my cruise. So much to learn…so little time.

The biggest problem I have with these things is, if you want to eat in the Windjammer and have a soda with your meal, you still have to go to a bar (and wait for the bartender) to get your soda. Not worth the effort to me.

The staff in the Windjammer always got us soda. There is a bar in the Windjammer on the Voyager, so I assume that's where they got it.

Archived