Haven joy

lillylulu

The deck plan colors are a bit screwed up so I understand the confusion.

The HI (Haven Penthouse Suite With Balcony) is larger than the HJ (Haven Suite With Balcony) even though the HJ can sleep more people. Within the same category, some are larger than others for both the HI and HJ. They are both 1 large room and the HI is usually a bit more expensive pp. I would choose the HI between those 2 options

Another consideration could be the HG - Forward-Facing (balcony is on the side) Penthouse With Balcony. The balcony is a bit smaller but the separate living room/bedroom is a plus. It is a bit more than the HI in most cases and you want to avoid the highest (13) and lowest (9) decks for that category. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 6:10 AM, lillylulu said:

Hi I’m looking at HJ  & HI on Joy 

has anyone been in both ?? 
which would be you preference? 
Is one a genuine Haven stateroom and the other  one a concierge suite that has now changed to haven  .  

I use CruiseDeckPlans (public site) to view the ships.  Some cabins have videos that members have posted.  It just seems that their deck plans are more convenient to view.  You can view the deck plan and then point to a particular cabin and it shows what Category it is.

12 hours ago, mjh2w1 said:

I use CruiseDeckPlans (public site) to view the ships.  Some cabins have videos that members have posted.  It just seems that their deck plans are more convenient to view.  You can view the deck plan and then point to a particular cabin and it shows what Category it is.

While that site has been helpful over the years and yes, the pics and vids are great, they often have out of date info especially when there has been a reclass of categories. Use it as a guide but go to cruise line to confirm.  While talking of cruise lines, they also have shortcomings at times like some of their pics or layouts aren't always accurate either.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful with selecting a cabin on Deck 15. I read from a previous post that noise from the pool deck and the seating area outside of the buffet can be a little disturbing.  I suggested to everyone in our group to stay on Deck 14 for HI cabins.

We were going to be on Deck 15 in a Haven family suite and were worried about the noise from the outside eating area above out cabin.  For that and other reasons, we upgraded to a 2 bedroom in the Haven proper area.  Have sailed in Haven 3 time prior but never in the actual Haven area.  Hope we actually get to sail - hope the omicron variant slows as fast as it has in South Africa.  But then there will probably be a new one.  

3 hours ago, BEACHBARB said:

We were going to be on Deck 15 in a Haven family suite and were worried about the noise from the outside eating area above out cabin.  For that and other reasons, we upgraded to a 2 bedroom in the Haven proper area.  Have sailed in Haven 3 time prior but never in the actual Haven area.  Hope we actually get to sail - hope the omicron variant slows as fast as it has in South Africa.  But then there will probably be a new one.  

We sailed in a 2 bedroom in the haven courtyard and loved it. Quiet and convenient. 

• Like 1