My coffeemaker had a fabulous cruise!!!!!

soniamarie

Nothing like a good cup of coffee on the balcony!

I am seriously considering bringing my own coffee maker now!!!!

Find the room...I did last cruise and it was the BEST thing I packed...ok ok..maybe tied with my favorite wine which I also brought;) ..I enjoy a good cup of coffee to start my day...if the coffee is drinkable in the diningroom on the Lido deck..great..if not..no biggie....but at least I know I will have that ONE good cup of coffee first thing and it will be on my balcony watching the sea and relaxing...ahhhhhhhh 24 days and counting till we leave..will it EVER get here???

Thanks for the tip Sonia...I can not start my day without a great cup or 2 or 3 cups of coffee. I plan on going out for a 4 cup maker and I will bring my own coffee too. OK getting ready for the ribbing from others now.

Cuisinart stainless steel 4 cup coffee pot....

Bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond

Will travel well...unbreakable ;)

I will weigh in once more on the coffee issue. I do not by any means find all coffee acceptable. I do enjoy a wide range of styles of coffee, with just about any mix of sugar and cream, as I previously stated. But the actual coffee itself has to be just right. I work in a large hospital where many departments make their own coffee. Some of it, which I have access to, is literally undrinkable. But they don't seem to notice... There is one department, oddly enough Patient Satisfaction, that has the best coffee I have tasted anywhere. So that's where I prefer to get mine. If not there, I go to the little Starbucks counter just down the hall.

The thing about ship coffee is that, nothing stands out in my mind against it. I do have a habit of rising early, heading to the Lido deck and getting a cup first thing each day. If it were bad surely that would stand out in my mind. Ok, enough rambling now, I need to finish the cup before me.

I just had to get in on this discussion. I too love most coffee, love to try new ones,etc......I have a coffee maker in my office at work and brew a real nice 100% Columbian most of the time. I have 3 people now who prefer mine over the "office pot" whick they all say is horribly strong and bitter. I guess it's just what you get used to like alot of other things. But I know for me, when I'm on a cruise, it'd hard to ruin a cup o" Joe with the ocean breeze, and the ambiance, etc..............There's just too much other nice stuff to let that be a problem for me. If someone wants to bring their coffee maker, salad shooter or vacum cleaner, it's no sweat off my back. I'm sure people can find something rather amusing about me too if they look for it. With all that said, I'll be returning from Jamaica this time with plenty of Blue Mountian coffee, it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

happy cruising to all~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;)

I know that Timmys_grandma doesn't drink coffee, but I'll have to check in with Timmys_aunt. I could not stand the coffee on the Miracle and I am very fond of my morning caffeine. I don't care who makes it, if it is good, I want it. I already have a 4-cup coffee maker that I can bring. It will be packed right next to the Mountain Dew in our redneck-hardsided-cooler.:D

THATS my girl!!!!!

I plan on bringing mine too!!!!

Glad to see you werent hauled off to "coffee pot smuggling prison" for that!!!

They all laughed at us....HA!!!! :D

Just remember you will have the "Cuppa coffee" ladies at your door every morning and I do have your room number:rolleyes:

Takin' my George Foreman grill and my Ronco Showtime Rotisserie on my next cruise.

CTMak

Don´t forget your Jack LaLanne´s Power Juicer, Carnival juices are undrinkable

hahahahahahahahaha you are so funny, i was drinking a coke while reading and i spitted all over the place, now i have to clean all my desk including my keyboard

I'm not bringing a coffeepot, but I will bring my hazelnut coffeemate. Just my personal preference and it makes me happy. More power to those packing their coffeepots. I don't see how this is any different than people bringing softdrinks on board because the ship doesn't serve their preference.

btw....thanks for all the funny comments. A good laugh does a body good.

I just had to get in on this discussion. I too love most coffee, love to try new ones,etc......I have a coffee maker in my office at work and brew a real nice 100% Columbian most of the time. I have 3 people now who prefer mine over the "office pot" whick they all say is horribly strong and bitter. I guess it's just what you get used to like alot of other things. But I know for me, when I'm on a cruise, it'd hard to ruin a cup o" Joe with the ocean breeze, and the ambiance, etc..............There's just too much other nice stuff to let that be a problem for me. If someone wants to bring their coffee maker, salad shooter or vacum cleaner, it's no sweat off my back. I'm sure people can find something rather amusing about me too if they look for it. With all that said, I'll be returning from Jamaica this time with plenty of Blue Mountian coffee, it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

happy cruising to all~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;)

Ahhh, thats my middle name....Horribly Strong and Bitter!!

Coffee that is ;)

Thats why i am bringing my own...i like my coffee like motor oil!!! Most coffee is like brown water to me!!! Give me a BUZZ!!!!! :mad: I want BUZZ!!!!

I managed to drink the coffee on the Liberty but I can drink my coffee black. My DH had problems because there was no Half and Half only regular milk. Next time we will bring half and half.

WHAT!!!

NO HALF AND HALF!!!!???

Looks like 1 more thing I will have to bring!!! :mad:

...i like my coffee like motor oil!!! Most coffee is like brown water to me!!! Give me a BUZZ!!!!! :mad: I want BUZZ!!!!

Me too! I like all different sorts of coffee only with the caveat that it be strong, strong, strong. I can't stand coffee that is like brown water. :p

It is not about saving a few bucks, it's about saving my sanity. I prefer the coffee that my hubby and I make at home therefore we brought it with us on the cruise. I didn't care for the specialty coffee either, I tried that. I just like our brand from home better. Pouring water in our coffeemaker in our cabin and adding a few scoops of coffee grounds didn't get us out of vacation mode, it was nice and convenient and we were thankful for it.

It is not about saving a few bucks, it's about saving my sanity. I prefer the coffee that my hubby and I make at home therefore we brought it with us on the cruise. I didn't care for the specialty coffee either, I tried that. I just like our brand from home better. Pouring water in our coffeemaker in our cabin and adding a few scoops of coffee grounds didn't get us out of vacation mode, it was nice and convenient and we were thankful for it.

Exactly!!! When you want it and where you want it! :D

No need to go trudging across the ship in your footie pajama's to get to the specialty coffee place. LOL

Hello SoniaMarie, just wondering if you have a detailed review put together yet. I'm on the Spirit in 6 days. What did you do on the ship? I'll stick with ship coffee, but while sitting on the balcony, it'll be just fine. I'll just add some sugar. How's the new food? The entertainment? Anything else exciting?

Thanks,

David

Archived