My coffeemaker had a fabulous cruise!!!!!

soniamarie

Hi all,

Just got off of the Spirit...amazing cruise! We brought our coffeemaker, coffeemate and favorite mugs and were so thankful that we did. By day 2 we had 10 people come to our cabin for "real" coffee in the morning. Over and over we overheard complaints about the ship's coffee(just about the only complaint!). For all of you that bought your coffeemakers, you will not regret it. I'll post a review of the Spirit after I unpack!

Nope...I have read many a post about people who brought small coffee makers with them.

The general consensus seems to be that the onboard coffee is bad unless you buy it from the specialty coffee bar, and who feels like treking down in thier robe to get that....LOL

The room service coffee on the Fascination was undrinkable. I am not a complainer nor a coffee connoisseur but I have to have at least one cup of coffee in the morning.

If I didn't pack so many shoes, I would probably have room for a pot. :) Guess I'll just have to suffer.

Diane

I am far from a coffee snob but I find the room service coffee undrinkable without a packet of hot chocolate added to it. I don't find coffee such an integral part of my day that I bring a coffee maker along with me but if I had to have it, I would probably stick the french press in my bag. Of course, I find the water to taste a little strange, too so maybe it's just all relative.

Hi all,

Just got off of the Spirit...amazing cruise! We brought our coffeemaker, coffeemate and favorite mugs and were so thankful that we did. By day 2 we had 10 people come to our cabin for "real" coffee in the morning. Over and over we overheard complaints about the ship's coffee(just about the only complaint!). For all of you that bought your coffeemakers, you will not regret it. I'll post a review of the Spirit after I unpack!

THATS my girl!!!!!

I plan on bringing mine too!!!!

Glad to see you werent hauled off to "coffee pot smuggling prison" for that!!!

They all laughed at us....HA!!!! :D

Now sonjamarie, just because some people made some funny comments (very funny comments:)) does not mean they were making fun of you or your decision to bring a coffemaker. And if your cabin was close to ours and you are considerate enough to offer coffee, I would be very grateful as would probably all coffee drinkers on this thread.

I have not had bad coffee on any cruise, but that doesn't mean all ships serve good coffee. Also, I enjoy going to get my own in the morning to kind of stretch my legs and greet the day.

Thanks for the tip Sonia...I can not start my day without a great cup or 2 or 3 cups of coffee. I plan on going out for a 4 cup maker and I will bring my own coffee too. OK getting ready for the ribbing from others now.

I am glad that I don't drink coffee...I seriously don't have room to bring that too!! I have everything else on the packing list though!! :rolleyes:

(People always said that I would drink coffee when I was grown up...heh...guess I am not grown up yet!! ;) )

I love coffee in all its forms. I like espresso, cappacino; I like coffee with or without sugar, or cream. And I have always enjoyed cruise ship coffee, especially real early in the morning. This trip, seeing as how we have a little balcony (ok, verandah), I will let them bring it to my room whilst I sit waiting for the sun to rise. I'll see if Elation room service coffee is as bad as some have stated.

Now sonjamarie, just because some people made some funny comments (very funny comments:)) does not mean they were making fun of you or your decision to bring a coffemaker. And if your cabin was close to ours and you are considerate enough to offer coffee, I would be very grateful as would probably all coffee drinkers on this thread.

I have not had bad coffee on any cruise, but that doesn't mean all ships serve good coffee. Also, I enjoy going to get my own in the morning to kind of stretch my legs and greet the day.

I agree with you Packer...I am not a die hard coffee drinker nor do I normally like to get up early but on a cruise I am up before dawn and enjoy a cup of coffee while standing at the rail watching the sunrise. I just wish they would have a little more offered for breakfast at that time.

Has not found bad coffee on 6 Carnival cruises...

I think there are degrees of "coffee snobbery" and maybe DW is on the lower end. ;) Good for her -- I wish I could convince myself that I liked the ship's coffee. I also consider myself a "coffee snob" and the coffee on the Carnival Legend was bad news. I must admit that I didn't discover the specialty coffee bar. So, I'm bringing my coffeemaker on the Legend in March to have my morning wake-up the way I like it.

Hockeyluver, I must agree!

and the maple donuts too!!!

hey, timmies has good soup as well.

Had plenty of timmies....and smoked meat, tourtiere (sp), crepes, criossants and fondue when in montreal last month. Darn, all this talk of food is making me hungry.

2 choices...cruise or canada? hmmm......OK both. Maybe I need a cruise TO canada.

And the coffee on RCCL is drinkable...not delicious, but drinkable. Maybe those little coffee bags would be OK

Archived