Do You Remember JP Nadeau?

GulfCoaster

Oh yeah they survived but it looked like the "crapping-I'm trying to be polite-fields" of Lower Woodstock in my basement!! That's where they sneak off to when they're vengeful and my bro never thought to check!

the cat was so distressed that he jumped in the girls' car-voluntarily-trying to hitch a ride to Nova Scotia.

Oh yeah they survived but it looked like the "crapping-I'm trying to be polite-fields" of Lower Woodstock in my basement!! That's where they sneak off to when they're vengeful and my bro never thought to check!

the cat was so distressed that he jumped in the girls' car-voluntarily-trying to hitch a ride to Nova Scotia.

Question furgy, I didn't know people had basements in Canada, I understand why they have them in the centeral states and in the east but why in Canada.........I'm sure your brother will remeber to check on that little problem, next time your on vacation.........

and one more question, are you hooked on cruising now?

He's one of these guys who thinks he's organized too!! HAHA

Geez i thought most houses had basements-sometimes finished , sometimes not-thank goodness ours is not a finished basement. I guess some people build on slabs but still mostly full foundations. Who knows??

Am I hooked-that's what JP's mother just asked me-I think so. Unfortunately I still have constraints but that will change. I'm talking my petsitting brother into a cruise but his wife thinks they're just for decrepit oldsters-little does she know!!???

He's one of these guys who thinks he's organized too!! HAHA

Geez i thought most houses had basements-sometimes finished , sometimes not-thank goodness ours is not a finished basement. I guess some people build on slabs but still mostly full foundations. Who knows??

Am I hooked-that's what JP's mother just asked me-I think so. Unfortunately I still have constraints but that will change. I'm talking my petsitting brother into a cruise but his wife thinks they're just for decrepit oldsters-little does she know!!???

No, most house out here are on slabs, and even those on wood, do not have basements.

So your going to take your brother and sister-in-law on a cruise, soon?.............and so how old is she that she thinks cruises are for the decrepit? Don't worry I won't tell her that you told me her age, ha! You should tell her about the young man on our floor that was 5 and has already been on 5 cruises with his parents who are in their early thirties. I will say this though, the longer the cruise, you'll usually find older groups, because most young people are still working and they can take as much time off, or their kids are still in school. So if your looking for a younger group go on the 7 days or go during the summer when kids are out of school, and also the holiday cruises.

Well they both celebrated 60 this year but they probably think Jp and i are decrepit-they bike and cross-country ski-she's a bit of a hard-sell! hope she doesn't see that!! I probably won't take them-they're both retired and can go whenever..

I've been thinking about the basement-I expect we have them because of central heating. we're on the east coast and very similar to New England.

Well they both celebrated 60 this year but they probably think Jp and i are decrepit-they bike and cross-country ski-she's a bit of a hard-sell! hope she doesn't see that!! I probably won't take them-they're both retired and can go whenever..

I've been thinking about the basement-I expect we have them because of central heating. we're on the east coast and very similar to New England.

Well, my guess is they would probably think we're all decrepit. Good for them, cross-country skiing is a strenuous sport. Maybe they should wait until their in their 70's to cruise.

We have central heating and air conditioning, with no basement, maybe its a totally different kind of system. Do you use heating oil?

They may cruise next year-my brother really wants to and he'd have a ball with JP-they're off for a month in Mexico this year-i get to look after their animals.

Nope-don't have oil any more-wish i did-we have electric-which I detest and a wood stove which I love but it's work but it smells good and it's warm.

Curled last night-all I could think of was Margaritaville!!

They may cruise next year-my brother really wants to and he'd have a ball with JP-they're off for a month in Mexico this year-i get to look after their animals.

Nope-don't have oil any more-wish i did-we have electric-which I detest and a wood stove which I love but it's work but it smells good and it's warm.

Curled last night-all I could think of was Margaritaville!!

Where in Mexico are they going to spend a month? I love Mexico, have cruised there many times, in fact I'm working on a cruise right now to do Mexico in a few months. Does you bother have a lot of animals?

I heard you were a "curler" (is that the right terminology) from JP, I would think that would be fun but to cold for me! I'm a warm weather person.

We just had the most fantastic cruise on the Veendam over New Year's and we have to say that the centrepiece of our cruise was the Piano Bar and JP Nadeau. The atmosphere and ambience that he created was beyond compare. Not only does he sing and play an extremely varied repertoire, he has the ability to bring people/strangers together in a setting where you feel you've been friends for years. Extremely talented and personable in all ways. Any venue should consider themselves privileged to have him at the helm, so to speak!

We just had the most fantastic cruise on the Veendam over New Year's and we have to say that the centrepiece of our cruise was the Piano Bar and JP Nadeau. The atmosphere and ambience that he created was beyond compare. Not only does he sing and play an extremely varied repertoire, he has the ability to bring people/strangers together in a setting where you feel you've been friends for years. Extremely talented and personable in all ways. Any venue should consider themselves privileged to have him at the helm, so to speak!

Here, here, furgy we will second that, very well said.

For sure. cruise Critic should be part of the Cruise Directors' required reading.

I know you asked somewhere about where my bro and his wife will be vacationing and it's somewhere in central mexico. They like to be right in the thick of local culture although apparently this a very popular spot for North Americans-I'll try to remember to ask him and then try to remember what he tells me-that's the hard part-i forgot to ask him on the weekend. Still not unpacked but got my tree down-sort of!!!

For sure. cruise Critic should be part of the Cruise Directors' required reading.

I know you asked somewhere about where my bro and his wife will be vacationing and it's somewhere in central mexico. They like to be right in the thick of local culture although apparently this a very popular spot for North Americans-I'll try to remember to ask him and then try to remember what he tells me-that's the hard part-i forgot to ask him on the weekend. Still not unpacked but got my tree down-sort of!!!

I totally agree with you furgy, about that CruiseCritic should be required reading, especially for entertainment directors. Problem is that comments made on this website are certainly subjective and you would have to take most of it with a grain of salt, but I think if you keep running across negative threads on the same subject or visa verses, maybe you should start listening. It is my understanding that most cruise lines do have people that skim the cruise chat websites.

You still have not unpact yet, oh furgy, maybe your just wishing for another cruise soon.

Hey jessemon, seen JP recently? You've been awful quiet of late, not seeing any posting from you, hope you are well, with no more of those nasty skin outbreaks. Have you got your next cruise planned yet?

• 2 weeks later...

JJones, have you make your booking for the Baltic yet? I know you must be a very happy person, as JP is now scheduled to do Europe on the Rotterdam starting May 2 and extending over 5+ months. So all you JP fans if you ever wanted to do Europe now's your chance to do it with JP as your piano man. Can you imagine JP, the beautiful Rotterdam and Europe, what a combo!

JJones, have you make your booking for the Baltic yet? I know you must be a very happy person, as JP is now scheduled to do Europe on the Rotterdam starting May 2 and extending over 5+ months. So all you JP fans if you ever wanted to do Europe now's your chance to do it with JP as your piano man. Can you imagine JP, the beautiful Rotterdam and Europe, what a combo!

Was with JP this weekend...

I did a tour/ship inspection with AAA of the Veendam.

Look around at the new and improved areas and was fed a nlce lunch.

Filet Mignon and such.

A little while before finishing lunch called JP in his cabin. Met up outside the terminal and went to Channelside.

He was very excited about this opertunity.

Looked up the cruises for that ship at the time he is supposed to do it....cool. From above the Arctic Circle to the Pyramids of Egypt.

Get the camera out......:eek:

Yes, I booked as soon as JP told me he had been confirmed. There were only inside cabins left, which is a bummer, but I'm excited anyway. Now I need to find Red October's e-mail address to nail down my St. Petersburg tours - the other cities I just wander around on my own, which I enjoy. I'll spend a few days in London after the cruise.

Yes, I booked as soon as JP told me he had been confirmed. There were only inside cabins left, which is a bummer, but I'm excited anyway. Now I need to find Red October's e-mail address to nail down my St. Petersburg tours - the other cities I just wander around on my own, which I enjoy. I'll spend a few days in London after the cruise.

That is great jjones, I know JP is excited about getting Europe and he is looking forward to seeing you. It's nice when every thing works out. Sorry about the cabin choices, maybe you'll get an upgraded if someone cancels. Sometimes that happens especially when final payments are due.

• 2 weeks later...
Was with JP this weekend...

I did a tour/ship inspection with AAA of the Veendam.

Look around at the new and improved areas and was fed a nlce lunch.

Filet Mignon and such.

A little while before finishing lunch called JP in his cabin. Met up outside the terminal and went to Channelside.

He was very excited about this opertunity.

Looked up the cruises for that ship at the time he is supposed to do it....cool. From above the Arctic Circle to the Pyramids of Egypt.

Get the camera out......:eek:

So jessemon, are you thinking about doing a European cruise with JP?

Archived