Do You Remember JP Nadeau?

GulfCoaster

Funny - I ignored this thread for some time as I did not have any clue who JP was. Wife and I are sailing Veendam on Feb 4th for two weeks and I am really looking forward to some good entertainment in the Piano Bar now. Did this same cruise last year on Ryndam - they had "Lorraine, tickleing the ivories". She certainly did not tickle us.;)

You will love JP. He's a round faced guy that is always laughing and smiling. He also doesn't have quite the amount of hair he used to have.:eek:

He sings a great tune and plays a nice piano.

Tell him you chatted with us on this board and he'll make a fuss over you...he'll even let you buy him a drink...LOL:D

Jeff

Funny - I ignored this thread for some time as I did not have any clue who JP was. Wife and I are sailing Veendam on Feb 4th for two weeks and I am really looking forward to some good entertainment in the Piano Bar now. Did this same cruise last year on Ryndam - they had "Lorraine, tickleing the ivories". She certainly did not tickle us.;)

Hey jimmy2x glad that you decided to look into this thread. Your going to love the Piano bar this time. Jeff is right but he's a little more reserve about JP then I am. He is a great piano player and he's quite the singer, with a nice vocal range unlike most you find in piano bars on cruise ships. I can't tell you how many times I've went into a piano bar, spend 10 to 30 mins, never to return because either they can't hold a tune, they have no vocal range or they are pretty poor piano players and as you said they don't tickle my ivories. You are going to go into that piano bar this time and there is where you will spend your evenings--bet ya! We want to hear from you when you get back from your cruise, OK........

Will be sure to mention the CC board and buy him a drink or two.:) This is really something to look forward since as previously noted we were very disappointed last year in "Lorraine". None of us are big on the HAL shows so the Piano bar is a great alternative.

Hey Jeff

We're staying at La Quinta near the airport . We'll pick up the wine in Tampa-so is there a liquor store or wine boutique handy with a good selection?

And Melodie JP tells me he'll look after the beer and hard liquor-lucky me!!

He has so much stuff planned for us-I'm sure we're going to have a rockin' time. !!

And Melodie JP tells me he'll look after the beer and hard liquor-lucky me!!

He has so much stuff planned for us-I'm sure we're going to have a rockin' time. !!

Well, I thought he could do that but I didn't want to be posting that kind of info, didn't want to get into trouble passing infomation that was true or not, if you know what I mean. Some people seem to be very weird about the liquor issues on and off ship board.

Well...just got the word....

Have been informed because of JP's expanding waistline:eek: ...he has been asked to do the honers at Christmas of playing "Santa"...:D

He bought a shirt here in Tampa that he liked when I was with him and I told him it wouldn't fit. It didn't and he returned it....

I am just wondering how he is going to fit down the funnel on the Veendam Christmas.....;)

God...I can't wait for Furgy to tell him about this. He's going to kill me...LOL

Who's your buddy...who's your pal ?:p

Jeff

Well...just got the word....

Have been informed because of JP's expanding waistline:eek: ...he has been asked to do the honers at Christmas of playing "Santa"...:D

He bought a shirt here in Tampa that he liked when I was with him and I told him it wouldn't fit. It didn't and he returned it....

I am just wondering how he is going to fit down the funnel on the Veendam Christmas.....;)

God...I can't wait for Furgy to tell him about this. He's going to kill me...LOL

Who's your buddy...who's your pal ?:p

Jeff

This is too funny for words, JP SANTA, can't wait to tell DH tomorrow, he will love this one. Funny now that I think about it for a second, he would make a great Santa. This is way to COOL! Thanks Jeff for passing along that great piece of gossip... Looks like JP will now have something else to add to his vast list of accomplishments.

Yeah I know what you mean!!

Wish I could see him as santa but I'm sure there will be pics!! Lots of them!! And let's hope his waistline hasn't expanded too much!!

Furgy and Paath,,,,

This is a vicious rumor....I had to start it though (even though it's not true) but I am sure we can have lots of fun with it...

Now we just need to figure how to take a picture of JP and put his head on a Santa.

Guess I am going to have to tell him to check this thread so he can give me a bunch of greif.

LOL

Jeff

Furgy and Paath,,,,

This is a vicious rumor....I had to start it though (even though it's not true) but I am sure we can have lots of fun with it...

Now we just need to figure how to take a picture of JP and put his head on a Santa.

Guess I am going to have to tell him to check this thread so he can give me a bunch of greif.

LOL

Jeff

You know Jeff that would be totally easy to do!

I have a bunch of pics of JP but I don't know how to add them to this thread. Can anyone give me instructions?

For newbies, JP has a HUGE repertoire and also can learn by ear - if he doesn't know your song he'll master it within a day or two. Extremely talented and a delightful person besides. No, I'm not his mom, just a fan.

I have a bunch of pics of JP but I don't know how to add them to this thread. Can anyone give me instructions?

For newbies, JP has a HUGE repertoire and also can learn by ear - if he doesn't know your song he'll master it within a day or two. Extremely talented and a delightful person besides. No, I'm not his mom, just a fan.

Before the pic is added though we need his head put on a Santa.......

• 3 weeks later...

Jessemon, haven't heard how you like the Santa? Hope you all had a great New Years. We were lucky enough to be able to cruise with JP over New Years, we had a wonderful time and got to meet his family as they were on board to. Super nice people just like JP.

JJones when you are posting a message or reply to a thread look down under the posting area where it reads additional options, see attach files in the second box, click on manage attachments and it will let you attach picture files, but you will have to size them so they can be uploaded. The file manager will tell you if your file is to big or not. Its pretty self explanatory. You will need to have the picture on your desktop. You can usually size any picture in a paint type program. Right click on the picture, click on properties and it will tell you what size your picture is. I believe the size you need is something like 620 x 220 pixels.

This is the first time this has popped up. The thread that is.

Eveb the post with Santa on it...it was a hoot. These boards have been acting very strange lately....Hmmmmmmm

JP sent me a note today and said he tried to reach me Saturday AM. Called my cell and didn't leave a message. No way to reach him back. Wish that cheap a$$ Canadian would get a cell phone.....HAR...

I leave the cell on vibrate and if I am not in the house or something I can't here it ring. Oh well.

Glad to hear you had a great time.

Happy New Year...back at ya....

Jeff

This is the first time this has popped up. The thread that is.

Eveb the post with Santa on it...it was a hoot. These boards have been acting very strange lately....Hmmmmmmm

JP sent me a note today and said he tried to reach me Saturday AM. Called my cell and didn't leave a message. No way to reach him back. Wish that cheap a$$ Canadian would get a cell phone.....HAR...

I leave the cell on vibrate and if I am not in the house or something I can't here it ring. Oh well.

Glad to hear you had a great time.

Happy New Year...back at ya....

Jeff

I hear what you are saying but probably if he had a cell phone it would cost him a fortune as we would all be calling him. I know his girls have cells. They were all over at the mall near the airport on Saturday, I'm sure he wanted you to come over and meet the fam as they were killing time till their plane took off.

we made it back-what a great cruise-so glad to meet you and Ron, Melodie. I'm totally exhausted but hey.... wouldn't trade it at all!! Best vacation ever!

And it snowed here today!! Talk about timing!!! Girls left for NS yesterday so they avoided it.

Hey jeff we did leave a message with Natty's cell # but probably JP didn't send it!! If he can't work a landline pay phone the he might be slightly challenged with a cell!!

PathfinderEss - thanks for telling me how to add pics to a post. I'll try it one of these days - not needed now since others had pictures of JP to be Santa. I'm anxious to hear if he got his contract extended - I want to sail the Baltic with him in late summer.

we made it back-what a great cruise-so glad to meet you and Ron, Melodie. I'm totally exhausted but hey.... wouldn't trade it at all!! Best vacation ever!

And it snowed here today!! Talk about timing!!! Girls left for NS yesterday so they avoided it.

Hey jeff we did leave a message with Natty's cell # but probably JP didn't send it!! If he can't work a landline pay phone the he might be slightly challenged with a cell!!

Glad to here you had a great vacation. Never got a message on my cell that a message had been left. :mad: Today someone called when I was driving and when I stopped I listened to what I thought was only one. Had three...one of which was JP's.

Wish I'd have gotten it on Saturday.:(

Really sucked. Could have met you all.

I guess the cell phone provider was the only one cell phone challanged this weekend.:eek: Had another message from someone else also.

Jeff

I told JP that Ron and I were totally bone tired, trip home was so miserable as I heard yours was too. We didn't get in the house until 11pm our time which would be I guess 2am your time. It was such a great cruise though and we loved meeting you all too, very much. We have to do it again sometime, it would be a hoot!

Your welcome jjones, I hope you do get to do the Baltic with JP. He wants us to come over if he gets Europe but quite frankly, I don't know if I could survive the plane trip.

Yeah we got in about 2:30 am atlantic time and there was company at the house-totally unexpected!! They were coming from Montreal and got fogged in-that was Ok though-they were tired too.

I think the Veendam is going to Venice from what I can tell, not the Baltic but what do i know , i'm a neophtye.

it would be a real hoot to do it again!

Yeah we got in about 2:30 am atlantic time and there was company at the house-totally unexpected!! They were coming from Montreal and got fogged in-that was Ok though-they were tired too.

I think the Veendam is going to Venice from what I can tell, not the Baltic but what do i know , i'm a neophtye.

it would be a real hoot to do it again!

Your both right, furgy and jjones, the Veendam starts Europe off doing Venice and then I believe the end of July and August it does the Baltic.

Furgy I can imagine coming home at 2:30am and find company in your home. Wow, what a surprise! Did the dogs survive their ordeal of not having you around for a week?

Archived