Do You Remember JP Nadeau?

GulfCoaster

So Jeff did you surprise him?? He must have been excited!!:)

furgy,

That's a yes and no.

Friday I had a major skin outbreak. It started earlier in the week and then on Friday night...it broke lose. Rash...welts and massive itching. On Saturday morning I cancelled the cruise...:mad:

Still met JP and gave him the news. Told him I was cruising with him and then showed him the ticket. But I told him it wouldn't be that day.

It really sux. I wanted to see the look on his face when I told him to unload my bags...:D

Oh well...things will work out.

After a few cortizone shots and many antehistmines (sp) I am starting back to normal. Not itching as much either.

The doctor was funny. He said "Just imagine sitting at the dinner table scratching as mush as I was." He said "You won't have to worry about alot of people hanging around you......"

He said I did the right cancelling.

Oh well...I'll see JP soon anyways on a Saturday.

Jeff

furgy,

That's a yes and no.

Friday I had a major skin outbreak. It started earlier in the week and then on Friday night...it broke lose. Rash...welts and massive itching. On Saturday morning I cancelled the cruise...:mad:

Still met JP and gave him the news. Told him I was cruising with him and then showed him the ticket. But I told him it wouldn't be that day.

It really sux. I wanted to see the look on his face when I told him to unload my bags...:D

Oh well...things will work out.

After a few cortizone shots and many antehistmines (sp) I am starting back to normal. Not itching as much either.

The doctor was funny. He said "Just imagine sitting at the dinner table scratching as mush as I was." He said "You won't have to worry about alot of people hanging around you......"

He said I did the right cancelling.

Oh well...I'll see JP soon anyways on a Saturday.

Jeff

Wow, I am so sorry that your cruise did not workout, Jeff. What a bummer Probably to much excitement, huh? These things happen but glad to hear you are on the mend. Hopefully you'll be able to rebook soon!!

Glad to hear you and JP discuss the puppies-my biggest concern is how they are going to manage when we're away!!

Trust me those puppies will be just fine. It took me a long time to realize that all my pets could and would survive without me. I have a wonderful pet sitter. Once I learn that, I have been cruising ever since. There just as happy to see me if I leave them for one day or three weeks, they don't calculate time like we do. So stop fretting furgy, they really will be OK! Just go enjoy your cruise.

Melodie, one of our favourite funny stories is when JP fell in your pool trying to butt a cigarette! That still gets a lot of laughs!

Oh my gosh, we were just talking about that the other day with some friends of ours and JP's that could not come to Ron's birthday party. I'll tell you, you just had to be there. I think we found the plastic fork that was in his other hand about a month later when Ron was cleaning the pool. Cake on a plate, a drink and the butt in his other hand no wonder he lost his balance...and that water was so cold, burr! There was more to this story but......better left to a private conversation.......I'm sure you understand, knowing JP.

Oh, Melodie, I can just imagine!!!!!! You definitely will have to fill me in..............

My bro who lives across the road is my pet-sitter so they'll be fine-it's more me! But anyway we're getting pretty excited-just 3 and a half weeks to go-the girls are champing at the bit-I think it's actually motivating them to study! So when are you and ron going?

That's too bad Jeff-hope you're back up to speed-when do you think you'll take the cruise?

BTW do you either of you have any hints/suggestions/words of advice that we should take to heart before we board??

So sorry you had to cancel the cruise! I know how you were looking forward to it as was JP - but - as you know, you can and will book again.

It may not have been cool to be sitting at the bar, scratching in tempo while JP bangs out "The Choice" and other tunes from "Almost Famous".

Please get better soon.

Mike

Oh, Melodie, I can just imagine!!!!!! You definitely will have to fill me in..............

My bro who lives across the road is my pet-sitter so they'll be fine-it's more me! But anyway we're getting pretty excited-just 3 and a half weeks to go-the girls are champing at the bit-I think it's actually motivating them to study! So when are you and ron going?

That's too bad Jeff-hope you're back up to speed-when do you think you'll take the cruise?

BTW do you either of you have any hints/suggestions/words of advice that we should take to heart before we board??

Your absolutely right, it is more us then the dogs, they do just fine, we're the nervous wrecks.

:D I'm like Jeff, I'll never tell............

OK, let see, don't over pack, try to take only what you will wear, those suitcases get awfully heavy, also you want to save some room for those souvenirs you will just have to buy. Do take an electrical plug bar. There are never enough plugs.

Come on with a great attitude, have a wonderful time, New Years is really fun on a cruiseship! There is no better way to celebrate it. Its been a while since we've done a New Years cruise but they use to really decorate all the bars with lots of streamers, etc..

Hey jessemon, I was wondering if you ever got to go on your cruise with JP?

No I did not. Had to cancel at the last minute. Had a medical (skin) problem that made it impossible. I had a reaction that caused hives and rashes. I almost went crazy from the itching.

I have gotten to see him in port though since.

There will be another time though.

No I did not. Had to cancel at the last minute. Had a medical (skin) problem that made it impossible. I had a reaction that caused hives and rashes. I almost went crazy from the itching.

I have gotten to see him in port though since.

There will be another time though.

Glad to hear you have caught up with JP in port, anyway. Hope your next cruise is soooon!

I have a question to ask you, and you don't need to give me pacific monetary amount. We have never missed a cruise yet (knock on wood), came close once but I'm wondering what happens if you do. Yours was kind of a medical emergency so hopefully you did not loose to much money. Did you take out the insurance? I've heard that would cover your cruise if you could not make it. Did that help? We use to take it out when my Mom was alive but haven't since, probably a mistake, I'm thinking.

Glad to hear you have caught up with JP in port, anyway. Hope your next cruise is soooon!

I have a question to ask you, and you don't need to give me pacific monetary amount. We have never missed a cruise yet (knock on wood), came close once but I'm wondering what happens if you do. Yours was kind of a medical emergency so hopefully you did not loose to much money. Did you take out the insurance? I've heard that would cover your cruise if you could not make it. Did that help? We use to take it out when my Mom was alive but haven't since, probably a mistake, I'm thinking.

If this had happened on Friday 24 hours before sailing I would have gotten 90% back of cruise price less insurance cost $99.00.

Now I have to have the Doctor write a note/fill out form to prove I should have not cruised. Will still get back the money.

It really sux because it happened within 24 hours. If it had been before that no explaination is nessecary.

First time in 18 cruises though. But things are different now. I opted correctly though on this on. Have only done this twice and did not use the first time.

18 cruises at $100.00 each is $1800.00. That is per person. Cancelled once. Get back about $720.00 and it also cost me $99.00.

Oh well...that is if I do't have to get in a big run around fron the insurance company...:eek:

If this had happened on Friday 24 hours before sailing I would have gotten 90% back of cruise price less insurance cost $99.00.

Now I have to have the Doctor write a note/fill out form to prove I should have not cruised. Will still get back the money.

It really sux because it happened within 24 hours. If it had been before that no explaination is nessecary.

First time in 18 cruises though. But things are different now. I opted correctly though on this on. Have only done this twice and did not use the first time.

18 cruises at $100.00 each is $1800.00. That is per person. Cancelled once. Get back about $720.00 and it also cost me $99.00.

Oh well...that is if I do't have to get in a big run around fron the insurance company...:eek:

At lest you had the insurance Jessemon, and will get most of your monies back. I wonder how bad it is when you don't buy the insurance and it is illness that cause your cancellation? I agree with you on the additional cost factor of the insurance on top of the cruise price, it certainly can get expensive but maybe not as expensive when you do have to cancel. Something to think about.

Just to let you all know. Saw JP today here in Tampa. His humor is as great as ever. He is sooooooo excited that the wife and girls will be with him at New Years.

Took him a resupply of CD's today because he ran out. Of coarse he only took 3 to sell with him.....LOL...just kidding JP if you look at this thread.

He's talking about the JP get together cruise that someone is thinking of putting together.

Have fun all......

Jeff

Just to let you all know. Saw JP today here in Tampa. His humor is as great as ever. He is sooooooo excited that the wife and girls will be with him at New Years.

Took him a resupply of CD's today because he ran out. Of coarse he only took 3 to sell with him.....LOL...just kidding JP if you look at this thread.

He's talking about the JP get together cruise that someone is thinking of putting together.

Have fun all......

Jeff

Us too!

Jeff:

We would DEFINITELY be interested in the JP cruise!! Hopefully something will come of it!

Mary

Hey Mary !!!!!!!!!

Really missed meeting you and Jeff.

I have almost stopped itching. Not funny...:mad:

JP told me you all had a good time. Could really use a cruise....

We shall see what happens...maybe in the fall...

Jeff

Jeff:

We were SO looking forward to meeting you! We thought JP was kidding us when he told us you wouldn't be on sailing with us. It took us a few minutes to believe him. I am happy, though, that you are feeling better.

We have two cruises booked for 2007 - maybe JP will move to one of those ships???

Mary

Jeff:

We were SO looking forward to meeting you! We thought JP was kidding us when he told us you wouldn't be on sailing with us. It took us a few minutes to believe him. I am happy, though, that you are feeling better.

We have two cruises booked for 2007 - maybe JP will move to one of those ships???

Mary

He is hoping to get extended on the Veendam for Europe for the summer.

Never been to Europe....Greece...Italy......

Jeff

Hi melodie

Can you tell me what we're allowed to bring aboard for alcohol?

Hi furgy, you know I've just about taken everything on board that's alcohol related. Though I'll have to say its been about 2 years since we've been on Hal and I don't know if things have changed with them. Haven't had any problems with Celebrity. Personaly I'd be more concerned if your planing on taking it aboard a plane. I use to carry it on, can't do that anymore. Very risky to pack it, as we all know how our bags are treated. Your best bet would be to pick it up in Tampa and carry it on....... but in saying all this, to answere your question, wine can be brought on board, as well as soft drinks. Bringing hard liquor is a no-no, but so far we have never left a bottle on the dock. If your at all concerned buy it in Tampa, heavy bubble wrap it and put in you check bags, they won't bother it, just pray that the bottle doesn't break because they handle our bags worse then the airlines do, if that is at all possible. If it is just wine you want to bring don't fret, they won't bother that, carry it on.

I think ship security checks for liquor being brought on board more at the initial embarkation than at the ports-of-call. At the last port of our cruise, Costa Maya, we bought some Tequila to bring home as gifts. We were prepared to turn it over to security to hold for 24 hours or so, and made no attempt to hide it, or sneak it on board, but no one looked in the bag or seemed to care. Maybe that was because it was late in the cruise rather than early.

But if YOU wanted to sneak on some hard liquor for on-board use, you might have better luck at your first port-of-call. :)

Furgy,

Pathfinder is correct. Buy it here in Tampa and put it in your checked luggage. If it is wine or Champagne it's no problem.

Remind me of where you are staying when you get here to Tampa and I will find a liquor store that is close to you....

Jeff

Funny - I ignored this thread for some time as I did not have any clue who JP was. Wife and I are sailing Veendam on Feb 4th for two weeks and I am really looking forward to some good entertainment in the Piano Bar now. Did this same cruise last year on Ryndam - they had "Lorraine, tickleing the ivories". She certainly did not tickle us.;)

Archived