Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach

vtxriders

Hampton Inn on the Beach or the Radisson? Any other suggestions appreciated.

We will need 2 rooms for 1 night pre Mariner of the Seas Cruise - 2 Adults, 2 single 18+ females, and 2 14 yo boys

Recently stayed at Quality Suites. Nice room arrangement - separate living room with a sofa bed, TV, microwave, refrig and bedroom. If you're driving they have a park & cruise arrangement with Radison (park free if you book a room). It was considerably less expensive than the Radison and was clean and comfortable. It's located about 4 miles from the ship terminal. On the downside, the complimentary continental breakfast was pretty sad, but otherwise we were pleased with the place.

When I was searching diligently, I was struggling with the prices and such.

I was able to find (with a one night minimum) a Comfort Inn at 130.00. (This was about a month and a half ago) From what I was able to ascertain on these boards, one should request the "New" or "Remodeled" rooms as the others were dank, musty, rundown etc. For 15.00 dollars more we are staying at a very nice, personal B&B type place with homemade breakfasts and nestled right on the beach. They provide a shuttle to and from and offer a wine and cheese social (whatever exactly that entails :) ) in the afternoon. I seems soooooo nice and personable that I am looking forward to the night BEFORE the cruise. Check it out.

http://www.theinnatcocoabeach.com/Default2.asp

Keep in mind the Radisson has a stay and cruise package that will save you from paying a parking fee at the cruise terminal. I know some of the other ones uses Arts Shuttle but for a fee. If cruising, take these other possible fees into consirderation.

Have a great trip.

We stayed at the Hilton Cocoa Beach before our Disney Magic cruise on Feb. 10. This hotel was much better than I expected. The rooms were clean and looked brand new. We had a side view room and could see the ocean. We got a great rate through Easy Click travel $98 total with taxes. It was well worth the price. We took a taxi to the port and left our car there with no problems.

If you are flying in to Orlando, another option is to stay in Orlando over night and drive out to Port Canaveral the day of the cruise. I suggest this because there is a greater selection of hotels in Orlando ... and possibly a better rate.

I believe there is a breand new residence inn by marriott and a country inn and suites. both were under construction when we drove thru in July.

The residence inn is open now, not sure about the country inn.

I have the website for the new Residence Inn in Cocoa Beach, but I couldnt find anything at all on a Country Inn and Suites near Port Canaveral???

Archived