The 2 Days pre Test

mcrcruiser

We got our tests done this morning at an Urgent Care facility, and they gave us a printed page that looks kind of like an email, with a header stating "Laboratory Results".  It is not on letterhead, and has the name and address of the Lab information (at the Urgent Care facility) at the bottom, but no phone number or other info.

Are most of the test results reported like this?  It just doesn't look very official to me.

On 12/15/2021 at 3:25 PM, fatcat04 said:

It is confusing as there is an Abbott self test at Walgreens that is out there and it works the same BUT the test you have to order is the sealed QR coded proctored test named Abbott's BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag At-Home Test Kit. I think at present it may only be available in a 6 pack for $150. Everything you need is in that kit.

The proctored kit test works in exactly the same way as the non-proctored tests they sell. I actually bought one of the non-proctored ones from Abbott to just test out and see how tough it was and practice. They are like $25 for 2 at Walgreens. Just used my spare test recently due to some sniffles (negative, whew) before Thanksgiving. 

When these Abbott proctored tests first came out, the wait times to get a proctor were like 2 hours. Back in November our wait was like 3 mins. I can imagine at high travel times those times might be a bit longer. But it was very efficient, the app is easy to use, and I was happy with the ease of the experience. 

Thank you!  This is very useful information.  I've been looking for the At-Home tests.  Royal Caribbean sells them 2 for $69 or 3 for $99.  emed has the 6-packs you mentioned.  Obviously a better price, but I want to make sure the 6-packs direct from emed are accepted by RC before I spend $300 on 12 of them for our party.  Are those the ones you used?

9 minutes ago, Izzmo said:

Thank you!  This is very useful information.  I've been looking for the At-Home tests.  Royal Caribbean sells them 2 for $69 or 3 for $99.  emed has the 6-packs you mentioned.  Obviously a better price, but I want to make sure the 6-packs direct from emed are accepted by RC before I spend $300 on 12 of them for our party.  Are those the ones you used?

Yes, eMed was where we got our tests. They were recommended by our airline, United. We registered and downloaded the Navica app that works in tandem with the eMed tests. It was all seamless via our cell phone cameras and our results were posted on the Navica app within minutes. Having a helper while doing the test (though not necessary) is really helpful. Do however make sure about the expiration dates on the tests prior to ordering. 

Edited by fatcat04

11 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Yes, eMed was where we got our tests. They were recommended by our airline, United. We registered and downloaded the Navica app that works in tandem with the eMed tests. It was all seamless via our cell phone cameras and our results were posted on the Navica app within minutes. Having a helper while doing the test (though not necessary) is really helpful. Do however make sure about the expiration dates on the tests prior to ordering. 

Great!  Thanks for the info!  Now I can order the 6-packs knowing Royal Carribgean will accept them.

Hi there, I'm planning to do the eMed telehealth COVID test for my sailing on Sunday, 12/26. I understand that the earliest I can test is Friday, 12/24 (i.e., 2 days before my sail date). Would it be alright for me to do the test very early Friday morning (e.g., a few minutes past midnight)? I'll be in the same time zone where the ship is departing.

Thank you everybody!

7 hours ago, seven.seas said:

Hi there, I'm planning to do the eMed telehealth COVID test for my sailing on Sunday, 12/26. I understand that the earliest I can test is Friday, 12/24 (i.e., 2 days before my sail date). Would it be alright for me to do the test very early Friday morning (e.g., a few minutes past midnight)? I'll be in the same time zone where the ship is departing.

Thank you everybody!

Yes. Its not 48 hours, its two calendar days. As long as the date on the test is the 24th, you are fine.

• Thanks 1