Are tours available at the various French Polynesia islands cru k for various islands for last minute bookings at various

stromer

I will be on a 11 day cruise to 7 Tahiti islands and am sometimes having a difficult time contacting tour operators.  Can anyone who has cruised before tell me if tours are available at the ports for booking when I arrive at the dock.  Also any recommended tours would be appreciated.  I will be at the following islands with the following interests:

1. Fakarava - Blue Lagoon snorkling - have already contacted a tour

2. Rangiora - snorkling

3. Tahaa - drift snorkeling at Coral Garden 

4. Raiatea - have not chosen an activity

5. Bora Bora - Lagoon snorkeling with sharks and mata rays and general snorkling. Have contacted one who has not responded.

6. Huahine - have not chosen an activity

7. Moorea - probable will go to the Lagoonarium

Thanks, Rick

It really depends a lot on when you're cruising. If it's soon or in the next few months I wouldn't count on booking something at the dock. Cruise ships are filling at only about 50% now, and that makes it hard on an already pressed work force and tour operators in FP.  So don't count on finding dockside operators until you hear back from enough recent cruisers to feel confident.

These are ones you can book in advance, and contact info for all can be found on Tripadvisor. These are ones I've used and all quite good IMHO.

Rangoroa- The Six Passengers, snorkeling the Aquarium and drift snorkeling the Tiputa Pass. This is a dive shop that does snorkeling tours.

Tahaa- do your ship's Coral Gardens tour or wait til you get to Raiatea to do Te Mara Nui (this is one I've not used, only heard good things). Raiatea Jet also does Coral Gardens via jetski. Also Bruno Le Excursion Bleue.

Bora Bora- H2O Bora Bora, Maohi Nui, Tohora Bora Bora, Lagoon Service or Pure Snorkeling. All good.

Moorea- if you want to do the Lagoonarium, rent car (Avis or Albert's) or hire a ride through Albert's. I wasn't impressed by Lagoonarium. Facilities seemed rundown and snorkel site just OK. I like Moorea Moana Adventures for snorkeling. But you'll get tons of recommendations here.

• Thanks 1