Is this test valid? Rapid Point-of-Care (POC) - NAAT (ID NOW)

beckyjohns

1 minute ago, beckyjohns said:

This is the rapid test that Walgreens is offering in our area. It doesn't look like it's PCR or Antigen (I'm no expert). Does anyone know if this test result would be valid for RCCL?

I have used this test on two Carnival, Two HAL and One Royal Caribbean cruise over the last 5 months. Yes it will work. We usually get our results back with-in a few hours.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Suncoastsailors said:

I have used this test on two Carnival, Two HAL and One Royal Caribbean cruise over the last 5 months. Yes it will work. We usually get our results back with-in a few hours.  

Thanks so much. That's what I needed to know! Apparently the rapid antigen test isn't offered by Walgreens in our area and this is the only test they offer with results in time!

what @Suncoastsailors said. The Walgreens and CVS tests that THEY PERFORM (not take home) are valid according to Royal.

We get a lot of questions about Abbott tests, the most commonly available COVID-19 test brand. Here’s what’s accepted.

• Any Abbott brand test administered on site by a pharmacy technician or other health professional is accepted. This includes the common Abbot ID NOW test administered by many pharmacies. The test provider must provide you with a proper results document (no handwritten notes).
  • The Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Test, which is taken at home and supervised by a telemedicine professional, is accepted. It must be taken under live video supervision. Learn more about our Abbott telehealth home test kit.
  • The Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Antigen Self-Test, if taken at home and not supervised by a telehealth representative, is NOT accepted.

1 minute ago, beckyjohns said:

Thanks so much. That's what I needed to know! Apparently the rapid antigen test isn't offered by Walgreens in our area and this is the only test they offer with results in time!

Right now you can schedule online up to 7 days in advance. They are also open on Holidays.