Carnival Sunshine (was Horizon) question...

zzmmmommy

We are scheduled to sail next week on the Sunshine.  When Carnival moved us from the Horizon to the Sunshine our rooms changed - we had connecting rooms with our kids and we no longer have connecting rooms. Our travel agent has been trying to get them to move the rooms but she says they are giving her a really hard time and she has been waiting on hold for hours and hours (I have to add that our TA is family so it is somewhat hard to push her to help).  With that being said, any chance of us asking for different rooms when we check in on Sunday?

Obviously it isn't a make or break but we would prefer to be connecting since they are all under 18.  She also said that Carnival should not have booked them in their own room since they are all under 18- but the original agent did book them.  So now I am nervous that when we get there I will have a problem.  We have cruised with them plenty of times, but never in their own room.  This is the first time we split the kids and us instead of 2 kids + dad and 2 kids + mom.  

Thanks!

Guest BasicSailor

Under normal circumstances there wouldn't be any extra rooms and with the passenger ratio being increased on Carnival ships weekly it's going to be very limited. Good luck with that. I'm also surprised that Carnival would allow under aged kids in a room by themselves. Did that rule change somewhere over the years?

Edited by BasicSailor
info added

Being able to move once on board is unlikely. 

Having kids in another cabin under 18 is fine with Carnival as long as the rooms are within a few cabins.  We put ours across the hall but they were 8 &17 so we felt comfortable with that.  

If your kids will be good staying in their cabin and making sure the door is completely closed, not leaving without your knowledge, etc,  they’ll be fine depending on their ages.

I had the same issue - we had connecting interior rooms on Horizon, and were switched to oceanview rooms on Liberty that were several doors down from each other.  I called and said "thanks for the upgrade, but we'd rather have the connecting rooms" and they were able to switch us. Although I had gone online first and found some connecting rooms showing up as available, and was able to request specific room numbers from them.

• Like 1

The problem is that the OP booked the trip through the family TA so the TA is the one that needs to deal with this with Carnival.  If the OP has status and asks to speak with a supervisor and explains the situation, maybe things could get resolved.  But normally once you relinquish control to your TA, Carnival normally won't talk to you.

If I wanted to find out about changing the room with my girls to either be connecting to mine or my boys room, should I do that now and try calling or wait until we check in?  My TA is away and can't help me right now. Any ideas when it is better to try and get that solved?