Update from RCI re PCR testing for January

petuniaflower

1 hour ago, mama-of-three said:

Russ, the email you posted links to MMani@rccl.com not MBailey@rccl.com does this matter?  I would like to send an email. I booked cruise with confidence expecting the pcr tests through RCL at no cost and covering to get us home if we tested positive. 

We are booked for March 20 and waiting to see how it plays out as we get closer. 

Great question. I just clicked on the link and it went to the individual that you mentioned above. I have emailed that email several times, the latest being in July and had prompt responses. It was not redirected to another individual’s email before. Guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens and who responds, if anybody.

I was wondering for those that have to pay for the PCR test, are you able to book an appoinment

at your last port before your cruise ends and get the results while you are on the ship. They would then be responsible for getting you cared for. I have booked appointments for Barbados as I am spending extra days after the cruise.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:07 PM, Russ Lomas said:

Great question. I just clicked on the link and it went to the individual that you mentioned above. I have emailed that email several times, the latest being in July and had prompt responses. It was not redirected to another individual’s email before. Guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens and who responds, if anybody.

In the end I emailed both addresses and received a response back in a very short turnaround. I am satisfied with the answers they provided to my questions. Now we wait to see how my family decides to move forward as we get closer to March. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mama-of-three said:

In the end I emailed both addresses and received a response back in a very short turnaround. I am satisfied with the answers they provided to my questions. Now we wait to see how my family decides to move forward as we get closer to March. 

We too got a reply back within 12 hours of me emailing them that we were satisfied with the answers they provided to us.  I am not sure which ship you are on in March.  We are on the Odyssey on the 12th.  Hopefully, both of our families will sail in March.

I am on a Jan 2nd sailing and Guest Services are telling me that my PCR test has been moved to the pier although the email clearly states it starts for Jan 5 sailings and onwards. Is emailing mbailey effective? I am set to disembark this Sunday and I had expected my PCR tests to be done onboard this Saturday! 

Regrettably, I don't believe that an email to the CEO will change anything. Typically, the day-to-day operations of a ship fall to the Captain, and if it has been decided that tests will not be conducted on the ship for your sailing, then Michael Bailey isn't going to reverse that decision. I'd recommend that you devote your energies to developing a Plan B for Sunday rather than fighting the decision.